cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KevLFC: How long does it take to switch to plusnet ???

KevLFC
Dabbler

KevLFC: How long does it take to switch to plusnet ???

Hi, i signed up for switch to plusnet on 12th may, i was informed the switch would happen on the 27th of may which was fine.
so my old provider disconnected me on the 27th as arranged, it is now"believe it or not" the 9th of june and still no active line but i have the modem... so no fone or internet since the 27th, not good for me as i need the internet for checking into work... so i've ended up paying for a fon since the 27th.
how many weeks does it usually take for the line to go active, anybody know ?
Thanks.
adie:green updated title
21 REPLIES 21
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: KevLFC: How long does it take to switch to plusnet ???

mod:note
split for better visibility.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KevLFC,
I'm very sorry to hear that the orders have not yet completed.
I've given our suppliers a call and they've stated that there's a delay with the porting of your phone number from your previous provider. They have asked that we check back in 24 hours. I've created Ticket:  86814984 on your account for our Provisioning team to monitor and check back with our suppliers. They'll provide an update as soon as possible.
KevLFC
Dabbler

thanks for the speedy response linn... line actually went active today (9thJune), but no broadband yet  Sad
just wanted to say thank you anyway for responding  Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KevLFC,
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear the phone line started working yesterday - I've spoken to our suppliers again this morning and they've advised that the order should complete in the next 24 working hours. Once it's complete the broadband order can be progressed. I'll keep my eye on it and as soon as the order reflects as complete we'll progress the broadband order.
KevLFC
Dabbler

Hi, I still have no broadband.. to be completely honest im getting really frustrated with this now, how can this take over a month to prepare and put into place. Undecided
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kev,
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, the order has now been placed for the broadband service and should be active for you on the 19/06/14 as the line is now looking clear.
I'll update your support ticket to reflect the new orders and activation dates!

Thanks,
Adam C
KevLFC
Dabbler

lol really, another week ? is this some sort of new customer joke you guys are playng on me and the broadband is actually working fine but im doing something wrong ?
im totally blown away at how long this has taken,.. nothing but disappointment and im not even up and running yet  Undecided
i feel sorry for you guys moderating these forums, seems to be so many unhappy customers, but thank you for responding adam  Smiley
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem Kev,
I'm sorry that you've seen this delay with your order and you're absolutely right in saying that this disappointing. We do aim to get customers up and running as soon as we can but there seems to have been a few complication in your circumstance which have held things up.
We rarely see issues with porting numbers these days but this seems to have been the crux of the matter in this instance which has led to the unacceptable delays for us placing the orders.
In some instances we do see broadband activated early so it may be worth getting the router plugged in and ready although we can't promise anything. If you do see the DSL light become solid green then you can get in touch with us and we can manually force your account active early for you.

Again we're sorry about the delays,
Adam C
KevLFC
Dabbler

In some instances we do see broadband activated early so it may be worth getting the router plugged in and ready although we can't promise anything. If you do see the DSL light become solid green then you can get in touch with us and we can manually force your account active early for you.

ooo i'll keep an eye on that thanks for the tip and again thanks for responding  Smiley
jim:green quote fixed mod:end
noname
Grafter

Kev
28 WORKING days for a connection isn't the 5-7 working days they advertise.
Can you come back and let us know how long it did take to get fully up and working.
Thanks!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

28 WORKING days for a connection isn't the 5-7 working days they advertise.

Unfortunately sometimes orders can be subject to unforeseen delays such as the one experienced by KevLFC
In each case we'll do our best to push things forward as fast as possible and keep any individuals affected updates on the situation.
@KevLFC I note from checking your account that you're due to be connected on the 19th please drop us a reply back here if there are any issues following that date.
@noname I'm really sorry to see your order has been delayed too. I'll be looking into your issue shortly before replying back to your thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,128216.msg1114973.html#msg1114973
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KevLFC
Dabbler

Hi, well already i've recieved an email stating that it will now be anytime upto midnight on the 20th Angry this is the last date i will take from plusnet, if its not sorted by this date i will be canceling the order sat morning... at the moment i honestly regret choosing plusnet for the switch, i dont think this could have possibly gone worse than it has and the funds ive had to use for a temp internet connection are as far as im conserned plusnets fault, ive payed for a fon now for nearly a month and mostly been a day to day use as ive had that many dates from plusnet it hasnt felt woth buying longer periods (which would have cost me less than half of what it has) with the false information and dates ive recieved.
what i do know is that i ordered a service, i was told it would take a period of time, which was 5-7 days from the 27may, it is now the 17 of june ?
the delays with ports etc i dont even understand what all that is but im pretty sure i could have learned how this is done, become a qualified technician, come to plusnet main office and done what was needed myself in the time its taken plusnet to do it.
iam not the type of person to come onto forums and i certainly dont speak badly of anyone in places like this but i do feel i got good responses from here and always within 24hrs which is why i tried to resolve this problem here...but still, i've ended up with all these delays.. pathetic
jim:quote
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KevLFC,
Sorry for any confusion caused around the date your broadband is meant to activate. I can confirm that the order is progressing with a scheduled completion date of 19/06/2014. As it can take up to midnight on this day for the broadband to go active we advise that it may not be until the next day that your account on our side activates - hence you receiving an email stating that your account may not be active until the 20th.
Hope this clears things up for you and if the broadband hasn't activated by the 20th please come back to us on here and we can get that looked into for you.
KevLFC
Dabbler

ok linn thank you for clearing that up  Smiley ... but i did recieve an email on the 12/6 saying
[quoteYour broadband order is now being processed.
Your service is due to go live on 20/06/2014. Your order could complete any time on this date, up to midnight.
If you've got any questions, please contact us using the Help Assistant:]
thank you for the fast response you are a good team on this forums regardless of what ive said and i understand use are just relaying information you guys recieve.
jst wanted to say that as there is a small few of proberly 1000s of customers that are unhappy and make use look bad here.
and as someone asked earlier if i'd come back when it was up and running, yep sure i will as soon as i notice its live.  Smiley
dick:quote