Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping customers updated...

Finguz
Grafter

Keeping customers updated...

Hi,
On the following page, within my account pages   https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=adsl_status
I can see the various stages of my order progressing. At the bottom of the page it states.... " We'll keep you regularly updated by email until your broadband is activated. "
Progress on my account shown below....
Product: Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Status
Stage
Signup
Hello. Thanks for choosing Plusnet broadband.
We're now processing your order.
For more information about our services, read our Welcome Pack.

Checking your details
We're nearly ready to order your broadband.

Checking your line
We've run some checks on your telephone line and everything looks to be fine.

First payment
We've taken payment for your account.
You can view transactions in My Account.

Activating your line
Broadband orders typically take a week to complete.
Your broadband order should complete on 01st Mar 2013 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.

Hardware delivery
Your hardware has been sent.
Order reference: 1ST CLASS

Broadband order
We'll let you know when your broadband is ready to use.

Subscription payment
We'll take the first subscription payment for your broadband service.

So far I have not received a single email.
Not even a " Welcome to Plusnet " email, or indeed one to confirm my details.
No communication whatsoever since signing up.
It's not very professional is it?
Just saying  Undecided

8 REPLIES 8
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Keeping customers updated...

Have you supplied a valid email address on your account details page at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0?
David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Sorry about this but it looks as though the email address we gave you at signup is incorrect, I've fixed it now so you should get any new emails we send to you. You can view any other emails we've sent you at https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions&?helpheader=questions
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Finguz
Grafter

Looking at that page you linked shows me a conversation between myself and customer services, which I instigated. There is no welcome email, or email confirming my engineer appointment? Is it normal practice for Plusnet not to send these kind of emails? Will I never receive them?
Also when you say the email account you issued was incorrect, what do you mean? I sent an email to it from my gmail account and it arrived just fine.
I am seriously starting to wonder if I am making a huge mistake in signing up here. I have so far experienced problem after problem, and none have been resolved other than to tell me " it should be ok now " or " ring back and ask us for your discount once everything is up and running ".
Why not test the email fix by, oh I dunno, sending me an email with some information in it? Why not put a note on my account to apply the discount once things are up and running, instead of requiring me to keep chasing it?
Sorry for the sarcasm but this is becoming more comical by the day  Crazy
Finguz
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
Have you supplied a valid email address on your account details page at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0?

That page contains the email supplied to me by Plusnet, that receives my emails just fine. We had the choice on sign up to use one of our email addresses or one they would give us, and we figured we may as well start out with a new one from them.
Chris
Legend

The email address we had set on your account was in the format mailbox@username.plus.net when it should have been mailbox@username.plus.com, I've corrected that so all future emails will come through.
On the link I provided, if you select 'Closed questions in the last 30 days' this will give you all the service notices which contain the same information as the emails we would have sent.
Why not put a note on my account to apply the discount once things are up and running, instead of requiring me to keep chasing it?

I hadn't realised you were waiting for a discount? Your initial post was about not receiving emails, so that's what I corrected.
I've added the discounts to your account now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Finguz
Grafter

No, the discount was from the day I signed up, I just mentioned it again in the vain hope something might be done and it seems as though it was a good idea. I'm sure you can appreciate though, sitting in the dark waiting for some/any information soon gets tiresome.
Also I would never have thought to click on the " closed messages in the last 30 days " entry in the drop down to without your suggestion, why not display those as default?
Regardless thankyou for your help, you are the fourth or fifth member of staff to hear about the discounts and hopefully you will be the last. Just to confirm, I will now no longer have to ring back after my service goes live to sort the " half price fibre for three months " discount out?
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]

Chris
Legend

That's correct, I've added the discount. I've also given myself a reminder to check these on your activation date just to make sure. Sorry for the initial issues and hopefully we can impress you from now on.
Finguz
Grafter

Thanks again and hope springs eternal. If your company systems/procedures e.t.c were even half as good as the staff are polite, I think problems would be few and far between.
Just fyi, the Plusnet router arrived a few moments ago, so that seems to have gone to plan. Although the shrinkwrap was all but removed, I'm assuming caused by the trip through the letter box.