cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Up The Good Work Plusnet!!

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Keep Up The Good Work Plusnet!!

i thought id give a positive rant and rave in here as a customer of plusnet for over a month i have to say the service ive recieved is fantastic.
The service is so great i have even moved my house phone from bt to plusnet,and thats very unusual for me,great service,fast ticket responses,outstanding forum support,great customer support 24-7!!what other isp cares so much about the customer?the answer is NONE that ive come across.
It must be difficult ensuring everything runs smoothly for thousands of people at all times,problem solving must be a strain as each case is usually different and plusnet or any other isp must deal with these issues individually until customer is satisfied(if the customer is ever satisfied)seems everythings about speed nowadays.
how long did it take me to write this?BLOODY ages so i better get a thankyou haha,keep up the good work guys Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
13 REPLIES 13
James
Grafter

Re: Keep Up The Good Work Plusnet!!

Hi Steve,
Really good to see that everything s working out well for you Smiley
brianber123

I have been on Plusnet for the past month having moved  from Orange. My previous provider took me 1 hour 15 mins for the router to show any signs of life. I am now on the internet within 3-4mins.
I have had no problems and for the amount of usage I have it is remarkable  value.I pay £5.99 per month.
As a result my daughter signed up for PlusNet yesterday. Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

On your referral I trust Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mal0z
Grafter

I've just noticed that I've been with Plusnet for over a year now - by about 5 days - and although I'm fortunate in being close to exchanges, and seemingly on good cables - so not likely to suffer the problems of others less fortunate - I have to say I've been impressed with the technical quality of PN and of the excellent work done by PN and the community on these forums.

James
Grafter

I recently passed my 2000 day marker Smiley
Good to hear about your daughter signing on Brian.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Bunch of "Johnny Come Lately's" - about 3300 days here  Grin
Waits for the real long old lags to jump in  Embarrassed
mal0z
Grafter

Who's  the longest standing customer of Plusnet - do they inhabit these forums ?
James
Grafter

McGurka is very, very close.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

free - online dial up 3923 days
broadband1153
Interested
Grafter

Recently passed a sales person in my local town centre trying to sell broadband/home phone from T****T***. Once I told him I was with PN he said I won't bother trying to get you to change to the aforementioned ISP!
Loombucket
Grafter

3135 days since first sign-up for dial-up service (as near as I can judge it).
1912 days since upgrading to ADSL.

Hmm... still a newcomer then.  Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

this page should tell you  https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0  your first sign up and this https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 your ADSL  charge and date at the bottom of the page
G0FHM
Grafter

We have been with PN nearly 6 weeks now,  and I must say that all has been well.... excellent speeds (unlike Sky, who were throttling everybody to a crawl, as they are too tight to buy capacity, and just keep cramming more and more users in and not admitting it..... their CST were given orders to fob people off (fact), get them to run Netstat, and blame their problems on that, or were blaming BT for the throttling etc etc), And apart from an issue Wednesday which I believe was caused by BT (ranted about elsewhere on the forum by me), the UK based CST have been fantastic, and even go so far as to actually UNDERSTAND what you are talking about (i'm a bit of a geek, and thus know my IT stuff) and reply on the same level of technical knowledge that you speak to them with - I suppose it makes a refreshing change for them to not have a n00b on the other end of the phone!
Although I think I once got India (or somewhere else) on the 0845 number, and it was painful, like on "Fonejacker" if any of you have seen the "internet serwice prowidings" send up... hell, I could even hear the scrolls squeaking! It was like talking to Sky Level 1 CST all over again! 🙂
A little hint.... the 0114 number is shown elsewhere on here... ring that, as you will get some help! also, it will be free, within your call package... as non geo numbers arent free until late October, if you are with PN for your phone 🙂