cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined plusnet from orange

SabreTooth

Just joined plusnet from orange

I just wanted to say how pleased ive been with my new isp so far.
On orange altho i would get downloads faster and same with surfing the web it was more expensive than the 5.99 package im on now and for games it was TERRIBLE, as id get disconnected often and it was a nightmare.
Since i joined to the 5.99 plus net package ive been REALLY impressed by the constantly low pings and packetloss in online games and also how stable in general my connection is so i just wanted to say thanks for the great service so far and i hope it continues.
I really like how you prioritise things for the gamers also as i can live with slow downloads and same with browsing the web as my priority was towards the online gaming side of things and always has been but yours is the first isp that seems to deliver on this side of things and also does it at a very cheap and reasonable price.
All in all im glad i chose plusnet as orange was terrible.
4 REPLIES 4
petejackson
Grafter

Re: Just joined plusnet from orange

Thanks SabreTooth.  Very glad to hear that and welcome to Plusnet!
scootie
Grafter

welcome to PN an the forum
table here shows what speeds on p2p ect you get at what time of day http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/speed.shtml
wireshark is whats used to tell what prioity a packet has had coming over PN's network http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark.shtml ( yes yes guys if we looked to see which was my most used word on this forum it would be wireshark  Smiley )
what hardware do you use for gaming?
sassy62
Grafter

Lets be honest saying plusnet are better than orange isnt saying much is it?..EVERYONE IS BETTER THAN ORANGE!!! Grin
But I know what you mean though, when i came here it was such a refreshing change...good company so far im pleased to say
How long it will be before B.T (the owners of plusnet) decide to fold them up because they are far superior than B.T or move all thehelplines  to India is anyones guess...but for the time being you wont get a better service for the price.
James
Grafter

As long as we continue to grow (which we are doing), there would be no logical reason for BT to absorb us.
So, keep referring, keep earning money for doing so, and we'll be around for a long time Smiley