cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just called Plusnet about TV service - disappointed :(

ChrisLights
Hooked

Just called Plusnet about TV service - disappointed :(

My Sky has come to an end and was really interested in PlusnetTV so I gave them a call.

I wanted my FIbre and TV end dates to match, they said I could recontract, that's fine.

The guy asked me which package I was interested in, I told him the £8 a month. He keeps mentioning the £5 one, he then proceeds to tell me my Fibre price will go up by £4/month. Yeah right?!?

Seriously, a little bit of listening and common sense is needed!

Not a surprise really, Plusnet service is always so poor

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Just called Plusnet about TV service - disappointed :(

A little bit of listening?

Looking here - https://www.plus.net/tv/ - the TV packages are £5pcm ... plus there are add on packages at £3pcm ... That sounds a lot like £8pcm to me.  May be you were both right, but saying different things?

Are you on a legacy measured fibre service?  The TV packages are only available to UNLIMITED fibre customers, hence potentially the reason for a fibre price change.

Clearer facts here would help clarify just how bad, or indeed correct was the advice you received.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ChrisLights
Hooked

Wow just wow, how condescending.

Yes I am on fibre unlimited (I did my research prior to calling them as I don't trust them).

With regards to the £8, he took me through the packages, I confirmed I was interested in that one but then when he got to confirming what the pricing would be (breakdown of fibre/tv) he reverted back to the £5 tv package, I reminded him I wanted the £8 but he carried on with the £5 price tag.

I am guessing the staff are overworked and don't enjoy their jobs, I can't help but feel that they have grown so fast but they haven't kept up with the resources needed (the message saying wait time about 30 minutes confirms this).

I wish they'd bring back email as a way of contacting them.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

They have never had email as a means of contacting them ... there was once a ticketing system for a-synch problem reporting and yes a substantial number of people wish that would be restored ... but it ain't going to happen.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChrisLights wrote:

Wow just wow, how condescending

Hilarious !   Funny

Don't take it personally,  he's hyper patronizing with everyone !   Crazy3

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

And even worse when BT Openreach are to blame Grin