Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got Up And Running After 4 Weeks

Glenn
Grafter

Re: Just Got Up And Running After 4 Weeks

@ Adam
How is my profile on your system inline with BT's ?....it obviously is not.
Don't be giving me guff about line estimates, that estimate is meaningless, not long ago it was 11mb, then for a long time it showed nothing.
What do you mean by disconnections ?....I sometimes get automatic resyncs by DLM I presume and I sometimes disconnect from Plusnet (not DSL) to gateway hop, that's all.
You certainly can manually update my profile, no reason you can't, I'm fed up getting a sub standard service and losing out on quite a bit of speed, the plusnet Current Line Speed updates instantly if my sync speed drops, but won't budge if sync speed increases.
These are stats I just took....
Uptime: 0 days 11:33:25
Data rate: 1035/8679
Maximum data rate: 1028/8812
Noise margin: 5.4/6.1

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

When you say it never increases automatically, how long have you waited? I think it usually takes one or two days for an automatic increase to happen, and possibly it might not happen if the ADSL does not hold the connection for that time (gateway hops wouldn't matter, the profile change will eventually disconnect the PPP session, and if that doesn't happen, a manual gateway hops solves that).
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I have a feeling that BT manipulated their software that sends the Delta Reports to Plusnet (and other ISPs). For large % changes upwards and all drops, it's sent quickly. Plusnet's scripts to update Current Line Speed are (were) supposed to run every 3 hours (except at peak times?).
If the %change up is small, the Delta Report may take 2 or 3 days. This of course unless the system has been changed again Roll_eyes
Now someone in Plusnet must know the definitive answer on this (Chris Purvey perhaps) Huh
Glenn
Grafter

Just checked and Plusnet Current Line Speed is now 7.4 Mb....
....it's not even accurate...as sync is 8679...so should be 7.6  Shocked
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The stats also had an uptime of only 11 hours, so perhaps there was a lower speed in between at some time. The 582n system log does record the ADSL sync speeds each time it re-connects, but the log may get filled with other messages, so the ADSL messages in the log won't be kept for very long.