Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Gorn!!

MrC
Grafter

It's Gorn!!

OK, minor peeve this but WTH!
Currently on the right hand side of the initial Member Centre page is a poll about why people have come to the Member Centre today. At the moment the option with the highest votes at  a steaming great 74% is "view my usage".
So why has the view my usage link disappeared and been replaced by a Upgrade Account link, eh?Huh
OK, it's easy enough to add a bookmark to the right place (once you've found it) but deleting it from the initial page ain't exactly user friendly Angry
Rant over; normal service can now be resumed Wink
24 REPLIES 24
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: It's Gorn!!

It took a while to understand the problem as my bookmark is to here http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection
petejackson
Grafter

You're not the first to mention this.  This has been flagged to the design team.  We know that VMBU is a link everyone needs to have handy.
MrC
Grafter

Thanks for the update Peter.
geewizz
Grafter

How many planning meetings are required to swap one link for another on the front page?
I'm going to issue a challenge to Peter Jackson. Let's see how long it takes you to take this by the scruff of the neck, mail whoever gives permission for this change, obtain that permission and set someone the task of swapping in or adding the VMBU link to the front page.
To save you time, don't bother with explanations of how the system works or any progress reports, just see how efficiently you can action something as simple as making a link that would benefit a vast majority of plusnet customers.
Your time starts .... on 16/10/2008, 15:23
Not applicable

I haven't bothered to use the poll in the past but when I go into the MC I always access VMU from the link on the left of the page.
Have I misunderstood something here?
geewizz
Grafter

The URL of the VMBU does not DD from any link on the LHS of the MC FP
mcgreig

Here, here!
It took me 10 minutes to stumble upon a link to its new location. And how long does it take to fix?Huh
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

So let me get this right.  We used to have a link on the secondary nav bar to view my usage, and that is now gone? (replaced by upgrade)
If so, I reckon I can get this added back.  See screen shot for confirmation of where you are talking about.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
geewizz
Grafter

Why not have it on the left panel with the other links? That's where I would look for it first. Judging by the poll result, it should be top priority to make it as easy to find as possible.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

No, thats not it!
Once you have logged into the Member Centre, alongside the green-bordered panel for Help and Support, there is a maroon bordered panel for My Account. When you first sign up to PN, in place of the Upgrade in this panel there used to be a link for View My Usage. This seems to get replaced after a couple of months by the Upgrade Account link. I noticed this not only after I signed up but also the same happened for a referral account.
I hope this is clear, I haven't worked out how to capture the screen image and post it on here!!
My other car isn't a Ferrari
James
Grafter

Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard.  Then you can go to MS Paint and paste that image into there and save it Smiley
MrC
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
So let me get this right.  We used to have a link on the secondary nav bar to view my usage, and that is now gone? (replaced by upgrade)

Not quite. See image below (I hope) for where it used to exist......
Perhaps it would be better in a more prominent place on a menu - eg My Account
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Jameseh
Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard.  Then you can go to MS Paint and paste that image into there and save it Smiley

Print Scrn key seems to be disabled on this system at work - either that or there are so many biscuit crumbs underneath it won't work. If I have to work late and the cafeteria is closed at least I can try to shake them all out if I get a bit peckish. Crazy
MrC at least has managed to produce what I was trying to explain.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I believe VMBU in the My Account box is replaced by Upgrade Account 4 weeks after joining. This is an attempt to help members who complain of difficulty finding out how to request an upgrade. By then most had found where the normal link to VMBU (in Connection Settings) is located.
However the poll suggests restoring VMBU as a permanent feature of the My Account box would be well received.
David