cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is plusnet the worst internet provider on the market?

drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Re: Is plusnet the worst internet provider on the market?

Having been with PN on and off for what must be 10 years now I have to say they have been amazing in terms of reliability, connection speed and customer service but in through 2015 I've seen customer service nose dive for a lot of people and there is a lot less interaction from staff on these forums. I have thought about leaving a few times due to the dwindling support but I can't as they are the only provider that will give me an FTTP line without paying line rental. I just hope I never have any issues!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The problem with all these surveys asking how satisfied people are with support is that the vast majority of the respondents will not have had a recent problem. If they first asked if you had had an issue in the last 6 months and only then asked about support satisfaction I bet you would get a very different answer!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

+1  spoon whittler  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
abarron

another +1 Spoon Whittler.
I was originally with Metronet (PAYG ADSL) who were fantastic in their day.  They were then bought out or merged with PN who have been very nearly as good on the support front.
If you really want a bench mark of BAD  try TalkTalk as someone else suggested, they don't have a clue.
I once had a speed issue and PN bent over backwards to help me solve it,  it turned out to be an issue with my non PN router but they still helped me to the extent that I discovered what the issue was.  Above and beyond I feel.
Well done PlusNet
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

In the days before Fibre was invented, I had many ADSL problems.
But Plusnet - almost always gave excellent support; I'm sure it would be different now.
Fibre seems a much more stable product.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re comparisons with TalkTalk: I presume you are all aware that in Q3, OFCOM received more complaints per 100,000 customers about Plusnet than than they did about TalkTalk -  see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,146832.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anon
Pro

How they win any awards with the dreadful customer service they now offer is beyond me. Tickets have virtually gone, ask the same question over and over on live chat and they give you different answers each time, none of which answer the question or just dodge it and long delays for the phones.
If my problem, about referral payments is still outstanding when my DD is taken then I am off, asking the bank to collect repayment from PN and go on breach of their promises to me.
They are a disgrace again.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
deathtrap
Grafter

If there is any un written rule , that should be never let any ISP award cloud your judgement when selecting/researching you next choice of ISP because IMO they are more or less meaningless, And possibly bought in some circumstances and that is regardless of who the isp is
Research customer forums like this one , but also other independent  sites with customer reviews, discounting the planted reviews that are quite easily spotted if you use your grey matter and let the sceptic in you free
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

I see Ovo Energy have done soft launch into BB market- they win awards for customer service so may be
welcome new entrants!  Roll_eyes
Anyone know who's backbone they use?
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

" they win awards for customer service"
So do Plusnet according to their advertising.  Roll_eyes
However, I used Ovo Energy (gas and electrickery) for three years until last November and their CS was first class by 'phone and e-mail contact.
SwissToni

I've tried various ISP's over the years with varying rates of success and the one I stayed the longest with was BE which was ultimately taken over by SKY who I was initially happy with.
However when I realised that I was paying a premium for NOT subscribing to Sky TV I decided to move to Plusnet and couldn't be happier.
Connection was a day early, setup was childs play, faster than SKY and a lot cheaper as well.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Indeed,  but when you have a need to phone in for support too many have been suffering unacceptable wait times,
which PN have claimed to be working on for years....& haven't.
OVO scores consistently well on customer service which may well prove a vital USP for them.
Only EE rank worse in Customer Service in recent surveys. Cry
Strangely/ arrogantly they still boast about their customer service in current TV ads.
They are living on their service level scores 5 years ago!

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK.
Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband
Anon
Pro

Now over their target of 24 hours to answer my ticket and I wonder if they are ashamed of their ticket response times it has not been updated since 6th January!
Anon
Pro

Well over their 24 hour target and st ill no update on ticket stats, obviously very bad or they would publish it. Yes they are the worst internet provider.
peteg

I have been with PN for several years now, previously with them all from AOL to O2. I have introduced six new members but after the last experience with the last one I shall not be introducing any more. PN you will have to change your claims that you have the best customer service, if I were you I would stick to whittling spoons!