cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my complaint being ignored?

mattyjones84
Dabbler

Is my complaint being ignored?

I complained over 10 days ago to you guys about my torrid time transferring to your guys. At the time of posting the website claimed the average response to a complaint was 10 hours so I can only assume I am being ignored?
Pretty poor start considering I joined plusnet for their high customer service rating in any event I have broadband and whilst your site claimed I would get upto 2mb I am at the moment running at 0.4mb I appreciated that this will fluctuate and I have to turn my router on and off and this will stabilize over the next few weeks as it 'beds in' but unfortunately it doesn't fluctuate up just down to the point that I can only stream youtube videos on the lowest quality and even then it has to buffer and heaven forbid if I want to have two tabs open and surfing on my browser........ My phone 3g is actually comparable to my broadband so at the moment I am mostly tethering upto my phone rather than using the broadband see below for my original complaint I have yet to receive any sort of correspondence to:
Question #72223345 - Your Feedback
< Back

Your Response
9:44am, Saturday 20 Jul 2013
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Making a complaint]
[Customer Services]
[Additional Information]
I recently joined plusnet for my phone and broadband and have not been very happy with how things have progressed since joining you.
Initially I recieved an email to say my order had been cancelled with no reason and no phone call to explain why. When I phoned it was then explained to me and sorted out and the phone line was active the same day with the promise that my broadband would follow 5 working days later This was on the 5th July. After this 5 days expired I phoned and was advised due to the initial problems with the phone line going active it delayed the broadband but would be active on Tuesday 16th July. I phoned on Tuesday to see if all was ok and whether it would be active and I was advised that the previous person I spoke to had written on the system that he told me Thursday.......... I waited til Thursday and made the same call again to check if everything was going to finally go ahead with my broadband order I was told that yes it was but could be anytime up until midnight...... 5 Minutes later I recieved a phone call from the same advisor telling me that there had been an error and someone had ordered the broadband before the phoneline therefore it would be another 5 working days. Why was this not picked up on previous calls? The prime reason I joined plusnet was for broadband (and your customer services were so highly rated) I don't particularly use the homephone and therefore I've lost almost a month of my annual subscription chasing you.
Extremely disappointed with the service so far and once the 12 months are up will be seeking an alternative supplier.
Email reply will be fine
Many thanks
Matt
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Is my complaint being ignored?

Hi there,
At the time of posting the website claimed the average response to a complaint was 10 hours so I can only assume I am being ignored?

Really sorry about the issue and that we've not been able to respond to your complaint just yet. The figure you've mentioned is one that's a general figure relating to the majority of ticket responses and isn't specifically related to complaints.
I can assure you we aren't ignoring you, where as I'm not able to formally deal with the complaint I'll do all I can to help with the issue in hand in the meantime.
To address the delayed activation of broadband first, this happened as we originally planned (although this isn't guaranteed) to activate both services on the same day, unfortunately as the order to activate the phone service was delayed this meant that a simultaneous activation wasn't possible and that as a result in such situations we then need to order broadband separately. It's obvious to me that we didn't communicate this to you effectively or pick up on the issue at an earlier stage so that we could set a better expectation, I'll do all I can to feed this back to the teams that have handled your queries so far.
Regarding the reduced speeds I've just tried testing your line and the router seems to be out of sync at the moment so I can't tell much at the moment, have you disconnected or powered off your router?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mattyjones84
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply I am more annoyed that I phoned and was told a day it would be definitely activated only to ring later to be told that the person I spoke previously had written something on your system completely different to what he told me. On the 3rd occasion I was told it was all in hand only to be called back 5 minutes later to be told that the broadband had not been ordered and that he would do it now. Its incredibly frustrating because had I not called and pestered nothing would have been sorted as it had been neglected to be ordered. The dates for broadband and home phone from the correspondence from yourselves was never going to be the same as far as I am aware the phone was always going to go live on the 5th followed by the broadband a week later (atleast that was what was supposed to have happened).
Anyway I just feel I was lied to a fobbed off and if you listen to the calls its not like I was being difficult I just wanted to know as things were dragging on......
As for the router not being on this morning no one was here and the electricity has been on there may have been a power cut as the weather has not been great around here. Its certainly working now if you want to test it?
Thanks
Matt

mattyjones84
Dabbler

Just an update I have done another test on the line as it was going horrendously slow and it's currently running at:
Download speed:
0.1Mb
Upload speed:
0Mb
I have just done a test using my wifi on my laptop and putting in plusnet.com into my browser and navigating through to this page to write a message it has taken almost 10 minutes I have also done the same test via my 3g on my phone (which barely has signal) and it has navigated to this same page in 2 minutes.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Don't worry that the router may have been off, it's more likely from what I can now see that this may have been due to a fault of some kind.
I've just tested the line again and can see that the speed profile has been significantly lowered due to the connection dropping in and out for certain periods. However, the line seems to be more stable now so I've submitted an SNR reset which should hopefully bring the profile and the SNR values back in line. I'll check back later to see if that's taken effect, if not it would be a good point to get a <a href="http://faults.plus.net/">fault</a> raised so we can look into that further.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team