cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet Dangerous?

thisoldman
Grafter

Is Plusnet Dangerous?

Every time i use the plus net on its own ie no other site visits, mcafee reports instantly that it has detected unwanted and potentially dangeous cookies/programs.
These are  all fast click      fast click advertising  fast click etc etc
So why does mcafee think plus net cookies are dangerous?
4 REPLIES 4
Vip3r
Grafter

Re: Is Plusnet Dangerous?

Quote from: thisoldman
mcafee reports instantly that it has detected unwanted and potentially dangeous cookies/programs.

The important part of result by McAfee is "unwanted and potentially" the fast click cookies are just unwanted tracking cookies  :(, in most cases they are not dangerous (unless the add system has been compromised  :o).
If you are concerned and McAfee gives you the option, just block them
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you set your browser to block third party cookies you shouldn't have a problem.
You could of course use Firefox with Adblock Plus and BetterPrivacy and cookies set to ask every time which looks to be the safest option short of running the browser in a sandbox
thisoldman
Grafter

thanks for info but the point i was trying to make is that out of all the thousands of cookies i collect  mcafee only objects to plus net cookies  ie  fast click ones
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

thisoldman,
You might want to check that your mcafee installation is up to date, in my opinion it sounds like it could be incorrectly identifying more legitimate cookies as fast click ones. I've used mcaffee personally at home and never had this problem.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team