Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Adam Walker still with Plus Net?

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Is Adam Walker still with Plus Net?

Hi all,
I have been a loyal Plus Net customer for nearly 5 years.
Adam Walker had been very helpful to me in the past as he had sorted my line, some 2 years ago, which suffered from frequent disconnections.  Since Adam's intervention, I had enjoyed very stable line and much higher speed than I had anticipated.
But on 4th July 2015, I lost not only my line stability, my broad band but also my telephone number.  I was told that the earliest OR telephone engineer can come would be on 8th July.  That meant no telephone line,& no broadband for 4 days.  To my surprise, out of blue, OR engineer turned up on Sunday 5th July to resolve the issue.  He had to make 3 journeys to my home and to exchange before he could resolve the fault.  When my number was restored, I was told by the OR engineer that someone (with some kind of grudge) within the exchange had swapped my line with someone else's.  So, I got my number back and hence my broadband on 5th July.
This excitement lasted for a short time as I started to experience frequent disconnections.  When I phoned the support, I was told that I will have to allow 10 days for line training.  So, I waited, but with no joy and I believe I was being penalised by the DLM.  However, in frustration, I reported the frequent disconnections on 13th August - about 4 weeks after end of line training period.
After further frustration, I reported frequent loss of BB again.  Everytime I rang, they had to do the line checks.  To cut the long story short, they have now given me an appointment for OR engineer visit for 20th August.  Let us see what happens then.
Adam, if you read this, please can you intervene?
Chandu.
13 REPLIES 13
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Is Adam Walker still with Plus Net?

Hi Chandu
Yes Adam still works here no doubt he will help you if he can or if not one of his colleagues will be able to help. You really shouldn't  rely on one person I'm sure the whole PN team are quite capable. Anyway yes he is still here
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Chandu,
Yes, I'm still here.
No intervention from me needed here as I can see you've reported a fault with us and the engineer visit should at least progress this towards being fixed.
Hope to see it resolved soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: chandu
This excitement lasted for a short time as I started to experience frequent disconnections.  When I phoned the support, I was told that I will have to allow 10 days for line training.

It is rather disappointing that that line is still being trotted out, even for problems that could have nothing to do with "line training."
chandu
Rising Star

@  M Steve, Thank you for the info.  Adam has now responded to the post.
@ Adam Walker, thanks for your response.  Very reassuring to learn that you're still with us.  Yes, the engineer's visit may progress the issue or they may turn round and say 'no fault found' which will be even more frustrating.
Incidentally, I have had couple of disconnections this morning already.  I am convinced that something has gone wrong at the exchange when they swapped my line on 4th July.  Why they did that is anyone's guess.
Thanks guys.
Many regards.
chandu
Rising Star

Hi all,
Still getting far too many drops in PPPoA.  It is now getting intolerable.  Can PlusNet support do something?
Chandu.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

You have an engineer visit arranged for the 20th so we're now relying on their findings.
I understand any frustration but we'll just need to see where things are after that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star

@ Adam Walker,
Thanks for your post.  I hope you can appreciate that because I am experiencing considerable number of PPPoA drops that I haven't been able to read your post any earlier.
Today it is 20/08 and the time now is 16.45 and there is no sign of the BT-OR engineer so far.  He has less than hour and a half to show up.  I have had umpteen number of disconnections today and I am now beginning to wonder when this issue is going to get sorted.  Bearing in mind that all this happened after 4th July when someone in my exchange swapped my line with someone else's.  And here I am suffering ever since.
Can someone in Plus Net, please move this issue higher up?
Very sad  Sad Chandu.
chandu
Rising Star

@ Adam Walker,
BT OR engineer has not showed in his time slot of 13.00 to 18.00 and I have wasted whole afternoon waiting for him.  No one has bothered to phone either.
Will BT or Plus Net pay me for BT missing the appointment?
I have received a letter today from BT giving me 50% discount for 12 months for DSL Broadband and telephone service/s.  If I switch over, will they sort my line quicker?  I have had several PPPoA drops today.  Really annoying when you are in the middle of online chat.
It is now getting intolerable.
Regards,
Chandu.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: chandu
Will BT or Plus Net pay me for BT missing the appointment?

You may find this of use : http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chandu
Rising Star

Hi all,
At last I had a visit from BT-OR engineer (Tony - a very nice gentleman) this afternoon (instead of 20/08/15 pm).  His determination had identified an issue with copper on my road.  Instead of his allocated 2 hour he had spent over 3 hours with this issue.  He ought to be commended for his determination.
Having said that, I already had a PPPoA drop within an hour of Tony leaving - I presume this may be due to .line training!!!.
I presume line monitoring is still on the agenda.
Chandu.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I can see you're testing another router?
Let us know how you get on.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star

Hi all & @ Matthew Wheeler,
Just an update.  Line stable for about 48 hours. Had a PPPoA drop once today.  Is this expected?
Chandu.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I believe that will have been us testing your line.
That drop aside it looks fine.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team