cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet outage again...

Rose90

Internet outage again...

Several times in the past few months, I've ended up losing the internet connection for my house Sad all the lights on the router are on, except for the internet light.
The first time it happened about a month ago I tried using a different router, because when I rang support I was told it was likely that my router was faulty... it worked for a while as the internet eventually came back on by itself after about 12 hours.
It went out briefly not long after this but came back on by itself again - but this time it's gone off and it's not coming back on at all, despite having rang the support  line and gone through all the steps to reset the router Sad It's been about 24 hours now and still nothing...
Has anyone else experienced this? It seems like I'm having a lot of bad luck at the moment! >.<
6 REPLIES 6
twitchy14
Grafter

Re: Internet outage again...

in a word, yes, you are not alone. Lips_are_sealed
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Rose90 - I can see you're still not able to get online, and that your fault is with our faults team - thanks for that. We'll get that tested and updated as soon as we can, sorry for the delay.
@twitchy14 - From your connection logs it looks like you might have a dropping connection fault, if you could run through the checks at http://faults.plus.net we'll be able to check on things for you and get it sorted.
thecount
Dabbler

I ma having the same sort of issues, as soon as I phone plusnet though internet comes back.  I am note sure but I think the problems started when I moved packages.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Moving packages makes no difference, its coincidental.
@thecount it sounds like you should go through the faults checker too, following the steps can rule out any internal problems OR get on to PN to get BT to come take a look Smiley
Regards
thecount
Dabbler

I have been through the fault checker, my router is has been in the Main socket and has stayed stable for 12 hours however I have moved it back to another socket and it has stayed stable for 3.5 days.  I think all these probelms have started since I moved to ADSL 2, I would prefer to go back to ADSL as Imy internet was never disconnected.  You hvae offered to provide me with a router however I only have a seven day return policy and it it goes wrong after 8 days I don not want to get stuck with a router I dont need.
matt_2k34
Grafter

The plusnet supplied router is.... meh.
You'd be better getting one from elsewhere if thats the case..
How long do you want it to stay synced? Your not gonna get amazing uptime from an ADSL connection, its bound to resync and reconnect, its the nature of the beast  Shocked
Regards