cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection drops out

devonuser

Internet connection drops out

I have an internet connection which has been OK for years until the past few days when it has dropped out briefly several times, the router has re-booted itself and all was well again.

I have used the troubleshooter and can confirm that all the recommended steps have been followed, including the system running from the test socket.

My feedback is that the troubleshooter closed because I was connected. Clearly that didn't give me an opportunity to get the problem solved.

Secondly the chat facility was not available and the waiting time on the help line was 30 minutes, which effectively meant that so far as I was concerned there might as well not have been one at all.

1 REPLY 1
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Internet connection drops out

I have ran a test on your line and the line is syncing fine. I can see a few dropouts on our side from today, some of these could be from when you have restarted your router.

Are you experiencing the drops on wired or wireless devices?

If the drops are only on wireless devices, this could be an issue with the wireless channel that you’re currently on. I would recommend trying the following steps to see if this resolves your issue.

1) To connect to your Plusnet Hub Zero, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254.

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) Once you are connected, you will see the option that says 'Wi-Fi Network' with the name of your network followed by the 'Settings' button.

3) Please select 'Settings' and you will be asked to log in with the 'Router Password'. This password is found on the bottom of the router and is case sensitive. This password can also be found on the plastic card that came with the router.

4) The Channel is the key option that we need to look for, If this is on Auto then we will want to change this to one of the 13 channels listed on the drop down menu. This stage is all down to trial and error to find the best channel for you. We would recommend trying channels 1, 6 and 11 as these never conflict with each other.

If you continue to have further issues, please feel free to get back in touch.