cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Banking Plusnet Payments

CornedBeef
Dabbler

Internet Banking Plusnet Payments

So, recently, I've had an issue with billing where automated payments have simply not been happening. For the past three months or so, I've had to wait for the service to be cut off and pay manually by card. I'd like to be able to throw money at Plusnet and forget about future billing once in a while.

Internet Banking is a feature of most modern bank websites. You can register and log into your bank account online and manually pay anyone else's bank account, and tag your payments with a reference number. 

Internet Banking requires a Sort Code, Account Number and Reference Number as destination details for your payments. Plusnet do not provide these details yet.

Electricity and Water accounts (with other companies, obviously) allow me to force payments up front with the use of a Sort Code, Account Number and Reference Number. This means I can build up a lump of credit and allow the monthly billing cycle to just nibble at that.

Why can't Plusnet fit in with what is now an industry standard?

After a discussion with a customer service agent, today, I'm hoping that the idea of Internet Banking and account credit management could be discussed at the next AGM... if there is one... whenever it is...

Anyway, I thought that bringing this idea to the community, and any following discussion, would help bolster persuasion to get it done. 

8 REPLIES 8
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: Internet Banking Plusnet Payments

@CornedBeef

Have you raised your non-automatic debits with PN? It should be happening.

CornedBeef
Dabbler

Yes, I have a Question in full flow with them. The issue is still under investigation. 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to Plusnet Feedback 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

The subject of Internet Banking and the Faster Payments was raised by the SU group in early discussions but failed to make the cut for Phase 1.  Hopefully it will be in Phase 2 - once the Phase 1 problems get resolved.  Community support could help raise the priority?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CornedBeef
Dabbler

@MauriceC Thank you for that little insight. Please could you explain more? What are Phases 1 and 2, and what failed, why and what needs to be done? Just curious! 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@CornedBeef wrote:

What are Phases 1 and 2,

Most major projects are split into a number development phases.  Attempting to redevelop and deploy something like a new billing service in one hit is fraught with problems both in timescales and functionality.  So to minimise both, the first phase will typically deliver the essential core functionality and then allow for some bug fixing to stabilise the product.  Later phases will add additional functionality to include 'nice to have's'  and compliance with changing business and legislative requirements.  Deciding the merits of what is in / what is out of any phase is always a balancing act. 

and what failed, why and what needs to be done?

Not qualified to respond on any of these specific topics I'm afraid.  The SU knowledge of such detail is limited (quite rightly IMHO).

HTH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CornedBeef
Dabbler

@MauriceC Thank you very much for your indulgence. I understand now; implementing a billing and payment system that can handle a potential 7 million customer base must be a big challenge. Nevertheless, many companies out there have proved it can be done so I hope Plusnet will get it sorted eventually. Thanks again!

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I like the idea of introducing BACS payments into the Plusnet billing system - what could possibly go wrong?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)