cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving...

KaotiK
Grafter

Interleaving...

Basically a while back i asked for interleaving to be turned off for better pings, it was and it was fine, then a few weeks bam its been turned on again without me asking. So i asked again not long ago for it to be turned off, they said they would but it seems it hasnt been? is there a way anyone can check for me if it is off cuz my ping times indicate it isnt, and if it is indeed on then PLEASE turn it off and LEAVE it off.. Really annoying when ive asked for it to be off and it gets turned back on etc.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Interleaving...

I've performed a line test and also checked the latest bRAS report for your line and they are both showing interleaving as 'off'.
What kind of pings are you seeing?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
KaotiK
Grafter

i get around 38-40 .. when the first time interleaving was off i was getting 20-28. Which is why i dont understand it. 38-40 are pings i had before turning it off so i dont get why im getting them still 😐
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It depends where the server is, try opening a command prompt and typing in ping jolt.co.uk and paste the results in here. 38-40 aren't bad results anyway, more than adequate for gaming and they aren't going to cause any issues.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
KaotiK
Grafter

Same results to that, and yes them pings are fine but still dont seem like interleaved... I dont get how when i first had it interleaving i was getting alot lower pings yet now img etting the exact same as how i was getting them when it was turned on?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In that case it might be worth tweaking your MTR values as per the guide at http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/rwin_guide.shtml - this may well speed things up. If not paste the ping results to jolt in here and we'll see what we can do.