cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation appointment missed

markwnorris

Installation appointment missed

I was due to get my fibre broadband installed today. I was given the predictably vague window of 8am until 1pm, which is fine, had the engineer actually turned up.
Now I will have to arrange another slot, probably for another 10 days time, and wait in for another 5 hours.
Looking through old forum posts I can see that this is a reoccurring complaint. Perhaps this is an area which can be improved:
- Why can't this be done on an evening or weekend?
- If not, a smaller time frame would be useful, e.g. 2-3 hours.
Plusnet charge £50 if no-one is on-site to provide access to the property.
I wonder if I invoice time wasted by this missed appointment how receptive they would be.
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Installation appointment missed

Hi there,
I'm just chatting to our suppliers about this now, I'll update this post/thread shortly. Really sorry it's been missed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, thanks for your time on the phone. We'll be able to book a new appointment for you at the end of the day today and as the appointment was missed due to supplier error they've stated it should be expedited as well, so we'll update this thread as soon as the appointment is booked.
markwnorris

Hi Matt,
Any news from BT?
No call last night, so waiting to hear from you regarding a new appointment.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
We're just waiting for the order to be moved into a status that allows us to request an expedite. I'm asking a member of our provisioning team to pick that up as a priority today for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
markwnorris

Matt/Adam,
Having waited two days without any confirmation of a new install date (even though I was promised a resolution within the day), I called Plusnet - was put on hold for 20 minutes before being cut off - Eventually, someone was able to verify my new install date for the 19th, 8am-1pm. Brilliant, but why should it be up to me to chase this information?????????
I originally chose Plusnet for two reasons:
- With their affiliation with BT, I stupidly presuming there would be some efficiency during setup with BT infrastructure. Wrong.
- Plusnet's self-proclaimed award winning customer service would provide professional communication should I need them. Wrong.
I hope that the engineer arrives on time on Saturday because so far I am very disappointed. At the moment I would not think twice about cancelling everything and moving to an alternative supplier.
Grff
Grafter

If the line was still a BT line, you're still at the mercy of them not turning up with any other ISP too.  Although I agree they could have let you know of the new date earlier, instead of you having to chase it up two days later.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can only apologise you shouldn't have been left to chase that. Sorry to hear you were cut off to and for the long hold time, that should have been us calling you back IMPO, I'm going to see about passing on some feedback for you re that. It sounds like we've been a bit let down unfortunately.
I'm glad to see another engineer has been booked for this Saturday, that is good.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Paul2728

Having just written to customer services to complain that he engineer hasn't turned up twice, thought I'd check out the forum- oh dear. "We'll do you proud" doesn't quite hit the mark. Customer services offered me 1 month free on the phone as compensation but said that if I complain online ill get loads more!!!!!! Just search customer services then " make a complaint" every time I contact them someone does a great job of passing the buck- I'm guessing the "award winning customer service" is more of an aspiration than a fact? I can't quite believe the lack of ownership of my problem- let alone the obvious wider issue of over promising and under delivering to many many customers. I was with madasafish before- their customer service really was outstanding- ironic that they are owned by bt too- wander if he madasafish guys hide in the corner of the call centre with their heads in their hands? Just imagine the queue of unhappy customers if there was a shop! It's not even funny. I'm not used to being conned, and I won't stand for it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm really sorry to hear about this,
I'm happy to take ownership and get this looked into.
Customer services offered me 1 month free on the phone as compensation but said that if I complain online ill get loads more!!!!!!

I just wanted to comment that it won't I'm afraid but of course I will look to fairly credit you and give you a good will gesture in light of the issue which I can assure you would be the same as if this was picked up via any other support channel.
I'm just going to take a little time to read into the history of the issue before getting back to you.
Adam
EDIT: Just a quick update to say I've read through and I'm sorry about the issues here. I can see that an engineer is due to visit on Friday. I would urge you to contact me via this post or PM if there's any issues then.
With regards to arranging a goodwill gesture greater than one month that will be down to our complaints team now as there's a ticket with them, however I will monitor the progress of this to make sure you get looked after appropriately
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team