cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect guide!?

Finguz
Grafter

Incorrect guide!?

On the "we're processing your order" page is a link for more information, and upon clicking said link it opens to reveal more info and several other links. One of these links is titled " Plusnet Fibre Install Guide " and details the setup procedure for a Netgear WNR1000.
Elsewhere on your website I saw that, as a Fibre customer,  I would receive a TG582n router...
If the install guide is incorrect it would maybe be a good idea to change it, and also in several places I have noticed it mentions that the TG582n comes with 4 ethernet ports when in fact it's only going to have 3 if used for Fibre.
Just a couple of things I've noticed since signing up a short while ago.
http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/welcome_pack_fibre.pdf   <-- this seems to be a tad out of date too :s
These errors are certainly not inspiring confidence.
Edit: Thanks for putting this is right place Jim, much appreciated!
22 REPLIES 22
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Incorrect guide!?

Thanks for pointing those out, I'll get them raised internally to get sorted.
Finguz
Grafter

You're welcome Matt ( no pun intended  Tongue )!
If it helps to avoid needless calls to support, it will only improve the response time should I ever need support  Cool
Incidentally, could I possibly direct your attention towards Question ID  66182887, if you're still lurking.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll take a look now and update shortly, I am indeed still lurking (kind of fun to think that I'm a professional lurker tbh Cheesy )
EDIT: And answered Smiley
Finguz
Grafter

Hmm, that's odd, it's not showing as answered to me?
I still see..
21 Feb 2013 66182887 Awaiting support team answer ViewClose

Edit: Just logged out and back in again, and still showing as waiting for a support team answer?
Finguz
Grafter

Hi again,
I can now see the reply, but it really isn't what I wanted to hear  Sad
The offer is current and advertised on your website, yet the CS rep says he knows nothing about it and has offered me 25% off.
Hopefully this can be cleared up so I don't have to cancel and re-order until the system picks up the discount Sad
The following is a quote from the " legal bit " relating to the same offer found by performing a google search...
http://www.plus.net/offers/deal3/?WT.mc_id=sem_008a
" Half price fibre broadband for 3 months
New customers who place an order online for Plusnet Essentials Fibre Broadband or Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Broadband and a home phone product by March 11th, 2013 get 50% off their monthly broadband rental charge for 3 months.
You must choose an 18 month contract. This offer is not available with our no contract option. "

I do hope we can get this oversight/error/bug resolved with the minimum of fuss.

Edit: I am happy to forward the email I received from the sales chap to you if you can give me your address, should the above information be insufficient?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, really sorry about that - I thought I replied to the ticket, very odd.
Anyway, I'll feed back to the agent and ensure he's educated. To address your question, the discounts will be added once the account goes active but I'll keep an eye on it to make sure for you.
Finguz
Grafter

Thank you very much indeed, it's been very nearly a pleasure doing business with you so far, looking forward to my fibre @ half price for 3 months  Cool
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just a quick one about the link in your first post - where was it you got that from? It is out of date (superseded by the one you were linked in the first email you got from us, here: http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/Plusnet-Handbook.pdf )
So yeah if the one you linked is pointed to from any of our pages or you've received that in a ticket we'll need to look into it.
Finguz
Grafter

https://portal.plus.net/index_portal.html?home=membercentretop
That shows a summary of our order and below the email address is a link for more information. Within the page of info and links it leads to is the following one..
Plusnet Fibre Install Guide
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/fibre/fibre_install.shtml

Which describes the setup for a Netgear Wink
Edit: I couldn't remember at first  Crazy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Brilliant, thanks for that - I've raised a problem to our web team to get it sorted (ref. 74532).
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Matt
Just a quick one about the link in your first post - where was it you got that from? It is out of date (superseded by the one you were linked in the first email you got from us, here: http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/Plusnet-Handbook.pdf )
So yeah if the one you linked is pointed to from any of our pages or you've received that in a ticket we'll need to look into it.

That's a handy link there Matt. Now why isn't that document showing anywhere on the Help and Support pages and why doesn't it come up when using the search?
waynem
Grafter

As stated in the first post ...
"If the install guide is incorrect it would maybe be a good idea to change it, and also in several places I have noticed it mentions that the TG582n comes with 4 ethernet ports when in fact it's only going to have 3 if used for Fibre."
is this correct ? if so is it the same for any fibre router ...or do you get a genuine 4 ports  on this or other routers ?
cheers
wykehamhouse
Grafter

'With Plusnet Fibre, new fibre optic cables designed to carry huge amounts of data
supply the broadband signal, so distance from the exchange is no longer a problem.' - that's a bit misleading. Distance is still an issue, because the further away from the cabinet one is, the lower their speeds are on fibre. I realise the problem is less, as one is normally nearer their cabinet, but I think saying 'no longer a problem' is misleading. Perhaps it should be '...is less of an issue.'? In addition, this implies fibre optic is used all the way, which it isn't (only to the cabinet).
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

waynem : The 582n is an ADSL modem/router that can be reconfigured, changing one of the LAN ports into a WAN port and becoming a 3 port LAN interface. (Fibre/cable) Routers have a dedicated WAN port and are already in the required configuration.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.