cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the end, success !!!!

magiceye

In the end, success !!!!

A week or so ago I was pulling out my hair complaining about the slow speed and the lack of "Real  support" from the techs at Plusnet, that thread was picked up by the CEO who done something to restore my faith in human kind.
After many months of battling to understand the Dialect of Orange Technical help somewhere in Rangapor, and having the same story  and apology ( basically B*** S*** all the time )  from what  must have been 10 different people, I decided enough was enough and tripped over to PN who I have been a dial up customer for over ten years. To my horror the speed went from 230Kbps with Orange, to only 560Kbps with PN, with a line speed capable of 3Mbps what had I done, well the right thing it seems.
I was getting to the end of my tether having had Orange lie to me for months, was I now getting the same, no I was not! I was getting service and the reason behind the slow speed sorted. The only problem was, it was being picked up on the PN ticket by different people in technical and going around in circles in the first instance until Simon ( the champ ) come on the scene, thank you.
Three days later, after a quick visit from BT, I am now running constantly at 2.5 to 3 meg and so happy with them it was worth the hassle at the start.
So to all at Plusnet, Thank you and I hope that Santa has something very expensive in his sack for you all this year, 
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: In the end, success !!!!

Excellent news and thanks for sharing. I'll pass your thanks on to Simon too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Surely this highly complementary post should be in testimonials Wink
magiceye

Reason this never posted in Testimonials ::
I was very dissapointed in what I thought was bad or neglectfull service delivery, we all know the feeling of being alone with no hope or help in sight.
This was posted in this catagory for the simple reason that there are many people out there feeling as I did, but my message is, PN does try to help in its own way much more than other ISPs, it may take a while, it may be bringing you down, but in the end you will get a resolve, I did, so give it a chance.
One tip try to get an individual support and stick with them, they see it through to the end.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Surely this highly complementary post should be in testimonials Wink
What is the distinction between raving about the service and offering a positive testimony?
One might argue that Rants and Raves is actually the same as Testimonials, since neither imply that comments should be positive or negative.
LiamM
Grafter

I'm with you James.  You can have a bad testimonial and a positive 'rave' about a service.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Lips_are_sealed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine