cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In a word, disappointed

eckiem
Dabbler

In a word, disappointed

I've been on a rolling 1 month limited download contract for 6 years and after a major messup on the adsl+ pilot a few years back, they kindly gave me on a nice retention discount for my troubles. Pan 3 years forward and a few renewed market discounts down, I've been told that to receive any discount after 6 years of fine service, I need to signup for 2 years. Now I know the grass always seems greener and I'm not naive enough to think all broadband providers are the same but jeez, tha's a pretty mince offer considering I'm a low and faithful user by today's comparison. £25.48 for a 4gb/s line + basic fone package with a 60gb limit & line throttling into the equation or £21.98pm FOR 2 YEARS on the basic fone package + unlimited download, same line speed....
Now that I've got that off my chest, I just wanted to say PLUSNET have provided a good service over the years and as a result I've been loyal when things did go wrong. Still I can't help but think there's something lost (yeah I know a good discount 🙂 along the way and I've just finally realised.
MAC's on it's way, so there's just time to say ta-ta and thanks for the enlightening help, stories and humour along the way.
Eck
7 REPLIES 7
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: In a word, disappointed

Quote from: eckiem
£25.48 for a 4gb/s line + basic fone package with a 60gb limit

£25.48 for 4Gb/s? I'd bite Plusnet's hands off for that kind of deal!  Wink
eckiem
Dabbler

Sorry that's what I'm getting with Sky  ;)......doh  Crazy there's me giving my IT credentials away, of course it should have said 4mb/s....
eckiem
Dabbler

& do you know what really pisses me off, if I were a new customer coming onboard, I could get a 12 month unlimited download package with 6months half price, free router & no connection charge
Good honest broadband - yep sounds like it to me.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Just to clarify - You've been offered Unlimited ADSL with phone (Talk Evening & Weekends) and line rental for £21.98?  Is that price based on paying 12 months line rental up front (£10.49/month effective rather than £13.99)
What Market is your exchange categorised as?

eckiem
Dabbler

No £6.99 pm BB on a 2 year contract (basically a £3pm discount for 2 years) and standard £13.99 line rental on basic DSL, not Fibre....oh and did I mention it's a 2 year signup  :o....I can get the latest mobile fone on a contract length less than that.
I promise not to mention th 2 year signup again  Lips_are_sealed
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi eckiem,
Sorry you feel that way, though we can understand - not saying that things won't change in the future but I've no doubt our retentions team have offered everything they can for you. Obviously we hope you'll reconsider, but either way thanks for the feedback and should you use the MAC, thanks for your custom and best wishes.
eckiem
Dabbler

Thanks for looking in Matt. What makes it so painful is that I'm getting conflicting pricing info from the retention team. Very frustrating.
KR, Alex