cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressive response.

bhg

Impressive response.

Hello from the new guy.
I wish to praise PlusNet for the service I have received as a new customer of , ooh, a whole 3 days after transferring from the shambles that is Virgin.
Since my line went active, without any effort on my part,  the PlusNet team have upgraded my connection speeds and kept me informed of the changes at each stage.
The forums have shown me a supportive and informed community exists.
These are small touches that have been absent from my previous ISP experiences.
After 14 months of disappointment and frustration from Virgin, it is a refershing change to find that a company exists that acknowledges the customer exists beyond a direct debit order.
The PlusNet pink is not too pink, nor too purple, so I'm happy with the balance.
If it stays like this, PlusNet might make the Christmas card list.
Ben
9 REPLIES 9
timlake
Grafter

Re: Impressive response.

I agree,  I'm new too (just a couple of weeks since my order was placed) and already I've had more contact with PlusNet than any previous ISP in several years!  Customer Service is, for me, the biggest factor in making a company stand out and PlusNet are like a scarecrow right now... out-standing in their field Smiley

Sorry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bhg,
Well, thank you for such a fantastic opening post, I'm certainly glad that you're so happy with the service Smiley
Please keep coming back to the forums too, it's community members like yourself whose input shapes the service we offer. There's a number of trials on offer if you fancy taking part, there's always people about here if you just fancy a chat, and of course if there's anything you need looking at or any issues that need picking up then there are any number of people who will be glad to help out. There's also myself and a number of other staff members on here that can take a look at your account if need be.
Nice to hear from you and hoping to do so again in the near future.
Cheers,
Matt
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Hi bhg, and welcome,
I came over from Claranet in July. They weren't a bad ISP, but they were going much more 'corporate' and obviously losing interest in 'the little guy'. When I phoned to ask for a MAC, there was no 'Are you sure - is there anything we can do?' More a case of 'Fine, goodbye, expect an email with the MAC tomorrow'!
It's a different world here  Smiley
And the throughput speed is better too.  Smiley
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
techguy
Grafter

Congratulations on your choice of ISP.
I've been with PN for just over a month and I'd never think of leaving now. Smiley
Had a bit of a bumpy migration (due to my own equipment as it turned out) but they were really willing to help me out.
My connection now runs sweet as a nut and is the most stable I've had on any ISP not to mention the quickest.
Welcome to the forums
bhg

Thank you for the welcome one and all.
At the risk of sounding like a sycophant, how refreshing to find a communtiy online that seems to have little drama and an understanding of the nature of information exchange, and not just opinion.
I hope that I will be able to offer valuable pearls of wisdom, ( more likely chicken nuggets of experience ), to the community in the near future.
Ben
shiner

Just thought I would say Hi ,just because I think I have found out how as a real vintage newbie,mind wish I could type with more than one finger,but at the end of the day I really wanted to say thanks to pn.connected ahead of time & I think I have every thing up & running .I am not going to tempt fate by saying it was simple but there again I managed it.Thanks
sureshg01

another new guy complete techno phobe, had issues with my connection after my router went down. Plusnet replaced it no quibbles and then spent the best part of an hour on the telephone helping me get my connection back. Big thanks to the chap on the other end of the phone (sorry cant remember your name). Now all sorted. Will definitely recommend your company to others. It surprises me that other companies do not provide the same level of service!! thanks again
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome guys to the best forum on the net. There's something for most tastes around here. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
greyposter
Grafter

I remember when I joined in February of this year.My router played up but was quickly replaced.