cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to connect with plus net

PoorService

Impossible to connect with plus net

Can anyone beat this?? I have been waiting since the beginning of December last year for plusnet to connect broadband and phone to my new house. The issue management is rubbish, they close issues before they are resolved, and claim I cancel appointments via some sort of automated system I have never even heard of. All I get is waffle and the completion date has slipped from end of Dec to end of Jan; I was supposed to be fixed up by 30 Jan - which is late enough - but have just been told this has slipped to  20 Feb!!  Can't get a straight answer, but of course they have my money ...  Customer service?? I think not ...
7 REPLIES 7
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Impossible to connect with plus net

Hi there,
Sorry to see that you've had a delay with this. You are scheduled in for the 19th February 8am-1pm. I've attempted to bring this forward and have not had any joy in doing so unfortunately.
Our suppliers have stated that an automated dialer which would call you to confirm the appointment was turned down by yourself? This has re-scheduled the date for you.
I am more than happy to keep a watchful over this and be a point of contact for you to make sure that everything does get installed as it should for you and there a no more delays.
Chris

PoorService

Chris,
It looks as though (like others apparently) we are suffering from mis management by your suppliers. I have been in touch to day with your team to day (incidentally this is the first time anyone has taken the initiative to call me, and shown some understanding of the situation) and now understand that the automated dialer was calling a number that had previously been assigned to this address but which has since been reassigned. BT are well aware of this, as are plus net. So your supplier is trying to autodial the wrong number - and worse, trying to autodial a residence with a dead land line (which is why I want a phone installed ...). I think plusnet needs to have words with your supplier ... if this is an error then it is unacceptable and remedial action is needed, if it is deliberate delaying tactics then action needs to be taken...
This is just taking too long, and looking at some of the other posts this situation is not unique..
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I completely agree this has taken too long and apologies for this, Ryan who you spoke with yesterday is chasing this up and trying to get the date brought forward. As soon as we have a response we'll be in-touch.
Chris
PoorService

It puzzles me that it was not until I went 'public' with my dissatisfaction through this forum (and discovered that i am not the only one being messed about) that any positive action is being taken - I guess part of your "issue escalation strategy" - But even so not enough, not quickly enough, and it looks as though the BT Open Reach monopoly has you over a barrel as well. I echo one of the other posts in this forum .. I bet if it was one of their own, BTOR would have engineers crawling all over the place and have it fixed in no time. . .
joncooper
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
... an automated dialer which would call you to confirm the appointment was turned down ...

uh... I am kinda concerned to read this, we refuse to answer auto-dialers, in fact we never answer anything we don't recognise
PoorService

I was told my issue was being raised with the "suppliers" with a 24 hour timeline for them to respond ... no feed back so far ... 24 hr timeline vastly exceeded. I was assured this was being actively followed up ..The aim was to bring forward the implementation date from 19th Feb, given that someone arbitrarily withdrew the appointment which had been scheduled for end of Jan (which in turn had slipped from the end of December ...). Plusnet are well aware - and have been since the start of this process at the beginning of December - that I have no land line, no internet connection, and rely on temporary arrangements for communications - they have my mobile numbers (although they were incapable of communicating with a Dutch number - I now also have a UK mobile) and they also have my postal address - they could send a postcard to confirm appointments, providing a freephone or normal (i.e. not premium be put on hold for ages ..) number for contact ....
The frustration continues ....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to hear about the issues so far, I can see that our provisioning team have been chasing for updates prior to the weekend and are set to again ASAP. I've asked another member of that team to chase the matter with our suppliers again today for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team