Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: IP addresses not uk

EurekApi puts me in The Scottish Borders!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@bobpullen wrote:

@frown wrote:
Wonder what's going on at Camelot. Have emailed them again to chase up last months query...

FWIW, I've also dropped them another email.

I've received a response from Camelot to advise that whilst you address is seen as UK-based by them, it's apparently associated with private address space/anonymising services. Do you use any VPN software/proxies or anything like that? Would you be able to provide me with a traceroute from your connection to the National Lottery website and I'll see if there's anything further I can do to help?

noticeto wrote:

The key site I've had problems with is Lastpass, because I have geo restrictions set on where my Lastpass vault can be accessed from. That's how I first noticed it. I've had to temporarily change (reduce) my security as a workaround, which isn't ideal.

That'll be this option, yes?

last-pass.JPG

I've dropped LastPass a message and asked them to check how they're geo-locating the 51.7.0.0/16 range. Incidentally, I have a 51.6.0.0/16 IP and I don't have problems with LastPass when this option is enabled.

I used: https://www.iplocation.net/ for the location table, which returns 5 entries. Of those 5: IP2Location, ipinfo.io, DB-IP and MaxMind all correctly return a UK location. Only EurekAPI returns the Saudi location.

Thanks. I've dropped EurekAPI a message and asked them to correct their records.

@woodm wrote:
Wuaki TV have this IP blocked as they say their end it shows as in Saudi Arabia :?

I suspect this will be fixed when EurekAPI correct things at their side. I've raised a support ticket with Wuaki regardless.

@frown wrote:

Also had issues with BBC iPlayer too now. Sad

What kind of issues?

Save

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

noticeto
Dabbler

bobpullen wrote:

noticeto wrote:

The key site I've had problems with is Lastpass, because I have geo restrictions set on where my Lastpass vault can be accessed from. That's how I first noticed it. I've had to temporarily change (reduce) my security as a workaround, which isn't ideal.

That'll be this option, yes?

last-pass.JPG

I've dropped LastPass a message and asked them to check how they're geo-locating the 51.7.0.0/16 range. Incidentally, I have a 51.6.0.0/16 IP and I don't have problems with LastPass when this option is enabled.

I used: https://www.iplocation.net/ for the location table, which returns 5 entries. Of those 5: IP2Location, ipinfo.io, DB-IP and MaxMind all correctly return a UK location. Only EurekAPI returns the Saudi location.

Thanks. I've dropped EurekAPI a message and asked them to correct their records.Eur

Yes, Bob, that's the Lastpass country restriction, found within the Advanced (Account) Settings, that I've temporarily added Saudi Arabia to as a workaround.

Thanks for pursuing this with both Lastpass & EurekAPI Smiley

frown
Dabbler

@bobpullen Thanks for chasing them up Bob. No proxies or VPN in use here and I can do a trace route for you - where should I send a log of my traceroute to?

simrjor
Dabbler

Still getting USA locations but they can't decide what state i'm in.

Also Skype ads are US and www.worldremit.com thinks i'm from USA sending me an email saying 'Looks like your making a payment outside your normal location, please contact us' when payment sent.

My router is turned off most of day but still get 99.9% USA addresses when turned on in the evening

Still very annoying Angry

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full IP address masked on a public forum.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@a_stew90 wrote:

Not sure if i am using this forum right, but any how. PlusNet when are you going to sort this out???? I'm very much in the UK. 

You can check your IP location here: http://viewdns.info/iplocation/

IP Location Results for 209.93.x.x
==============

City: El Segundo
Zip Code: 90245
Region Code: CA
Region Name: California
Country Code: US
Country Name: United States
Latitude: 33.9192
Longitude: -118.416
GMT Offset:
DST Offset:

I've had word that viewdns.info have now corrected their records.

@frown wrote:

@bobpullen Thanks for chasing them up Bob. No proxies or VPN in use here and I can do a trace route for you - where should I send a log of my traceroute to?

Drop it in a private message.

@simrjor wrote:

Also Skype ads are US and www.worldremit.com thinks i'm from USA sending me an email saying 'Looks like your making a payment outside your normal location, please contact us' when payment sent.

I think we're already in touch with Microsoft but I'll double check (last I heard it was proving a bit of an uphill struggle). I've contacted worldremit.com and mxtoolbox.com.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

noticeto
Dabbler

I powered down my fibre modem and router for a couple of hours per the support request, but I simply got another IP address in the same problematic 51.7.223.* range as I've had previously...

noticeto
Dabbler

Plusnet support gave me a temporary fixed IP, outside of the 51.*.*.* IP range that they've know for a while has the Saudi geolocation issue.

So I'm OK for a bit, until perhaps I have to reboot and again get allocated an IP in the 51.* range, and meanwhile some other poor sap will get the problematic Saudi address I've vacated...

Not a great situation! Plusnet should not have these IP addresses in the pool available for customers when they know full well there's a problem with them.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Your IP shouldn't change on reboot or re-lease if you're on a temp static unless they take the temp static away. They did something similar for me for similar reasons.

noticeto
Dabbler

woodm, the fella I talked to said the duration of my static would only be while I restarted - he was then immediately removing the static property - hence on a reboot I'd again be getting one from the dynamic pool, which might again be one of the ropey addresses. That's what he told me anyway!

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Ok, please disregard what I said Smiley

JLo

IP Address Problem

Why is my IP Address being reported as located in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia? Until I allowed Safari to use my location then it changes to the UK. See attached screenshot. I am located in the UK. Have I been hacked? Or is Plusnet using a Saudi IP Address? Any ideas? I'm concerned about security.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full IP address removed from a public forum.

Tags (1)
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: IP Address Problem

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Topics merged

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

JLo

Hello. I believe I am that "poor sap" who got allocated the Saudi Location IP Address. Did you or Plusnet resolve the issue?

andytay
Rising Star

Hi Guys

@Anotherone has asked me to post my IP address for you to look at

87.115.xxx.xxx

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full IP address removed from a public forum to an area staff can see.