cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

Matttilbrook

Re: IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

Why am I suddenly being accused of residing In America by an online gaming site and being blocked. My internet DC for 10 minutes and by the power of Plusnet I no longer have to worry about the EU but Trump Arrrrgh what the hell!!!?
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Further topics merged

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Grable

We're having problems with this, too.  I went online to chat with PlusNet about it 5 days ago and was told that, all being well, it would be sorted in 48 hours.  Yesterday, however, when it hadn't been sorted, I went back and was told there was 'no estimated resolution time'.  This, I think, is very poor service. 

As this is a problem that's been going on since 2014 and hasn't yet been resolved, I'm just wondering if I should be thinking about changing ISP.

Matttilbrook

I've had my ip changed but it's still a 209. Most things recognise me as UK now Just Bwin being a problem, their customer support is adamant I'm logged in from the US. Any Ideas?

Grable

We paid a £5 one-off fee for a static IP address, which I wasn't happy we needed to, but seems to have sorted our problems. PlusNet has gone down in my estimation after this debacle.

carvell
Dabbler

@bobpullen, webuy.com is working now, thanks.

I've just tried to buy something through topcashback.co.uk and that's not working annoyingly.  I think someone said earlier, it looks like omguk.com (tracks referral links) thinks I'm in the US.

Just tried to deposit with stanjames.com too.  No luck, transaction is declined, but works fine when I tether my phone.

Not quite time to stop tethering my phone yet...!

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Just a test for a fault report.  ~Please ignore.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

irishwhip
Dabbler

I currently have an address on the 146.* range, and i'm getting
"Unfortunately we cannot currently accept clients from the United States"

frown
Dabbler

I've got a PlusNet static IP that's being blocked by https://www.national-lottery.co.uk and redirected to https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/v/geo/block.html so can't log in. According to one explanation panel at https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/v/geo/block.html#blind_1 it's checking locations based on IP addresses and getting it wrong - my IP address is a UK based one...

Have emailed help@national-lottery.co.uk to see what they have to say about it... The initial reply was useless - requesting I log in to update account details! Ermmm, how?

Anywhoo, anyone else having issues with an IP starting with 81.174 ?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

My IP starts with 81.174 and I can access the national lottery site without it complaining about my location.

Lurch
Rising Star

I can also confirm the above post as being true.

frown
Dabbler

Unsure as to what to look for to resolve this now... Undecided

While playing the lottery is not critical, I do like to have access to my accounts!

Have you two users with the 81.174... IP addresses got static or dynamic IP's? Have you had your PlusNet accounts for long? I only switched over a fortnight ago and this is the first time I've had an issue.

Any other suggestions as to the cause for being blocked, would be appreciated! Smiley

Lurch
Rising Star

@frown wrote:

Have you two users with the 81.174... IP addresses got static or dynamic IP's? Have you had your PlusNet accounts for long? I only switched over a fortnight ago and this is the first time I've had an issue.

New account with static IP. Although after looking 81.174.0.0 is geolocated to Italy so you probably need to give another octet for any meaningful info as my first 3 octets then locate me in the UK so I would imagine that some of the 81.174 range is located outside of the UK.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@frown, yep, static IP. I'm pretty new to Plusnet, only signed up in January and have had the static for the past month or so. (edit: 26/4 I got it)

frown
Dabbler

Thanks for the confirmation Lurch & Browni. Thumbs_Up

Seems I must have something interfering somewhere - not sure what or where! Account settings are all as set when account was set up I think.

Will try again tomorrow!