cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish I had seen this forum first...

samandmark

I wish I had seen this forum first...

...and stayed put with Be.
Fibre install booked for yesterday PM, took the day off work. No engineer.
Rang and raised call, was told someone would contact me today with an update. No update today.
Rang again this evening, was told that the engineer hadn't arrived due to 'resource issues'.
I can't work from home without broadband, and don't have the sort of job where i can take days off willy-nilly (team cover and shifts).
If I could get a time for installation, I could get someone to house sit and be in, but I can't expect someone to go and sit there for half a day!
Seems like engineer unavailability is a common issue - surely it can't be that hard to keep to slots booked on a rota?
Was looking forwards to the Plusnet experience - with this start I have a bad feeling that I've just signed up for 18 months of trouble. If anyone is reading this and thinking of moving over, just don't.
Sad  Angry
Mark
6 REPLIES 6
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: I wish I had seen this forum first...

unfortunately PN are at the will of BT  " out of reach" once again they are giving PN a bad name  Sad .
once you have a connection you will be pleased  Cool
PN need to get BT sorted soon for no shows are terrible  Embarrassed
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
avatastic
Grafter

Given that BT will bill a customer if they turn up and the customer isn't there, PN should do the same for the missed appointments and pass the refund back to the customer.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Plusnet, has the issue of providing customers with an ADSL connection (or their old ADSL connection if upgrading) been addressed with BTw when Fibre installation fails (for no show or technical reasons)?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We can ask, but as things stand the only way we'd be able to do that would be to order ADSL separately which we can't do if there's an order for fibre already placed.
James
Grafter

We can't do this due to Openreach system limitations. Chris - I am aware of your thoughts on this.
The only option we would have would be to place a fibre cease, which takes a week and cannot be expedited. Then we have to place an order for adsl after the line shows as clear (which can take a couple of days). This can be expedited, but costs £120. On a good case, this takes a week and a half in total, even if we expedite.
There is no facility to have two services (active adsl and in flight fibre order past due date) at the same time.
I would be doubtful that this will ever change and if it were to, you're looking at a pretty big change in OR systems which tends to take years rather than months.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I appreciate what you are saying James which is why the system as it stands isn't up to the mark. This is precisely why I commented before that discussion about how to resolve this needs to taken up at top level. What does your overpaid CEO do for his money? It's OR's failings that these issues arise and they need to extract their digits quickly to get something in place. In other words, weeks not months or years  Roll_eyes