cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm impressed - cutomer services at 6:30am!

LordFox
Rising Star

I'm impressed - cutomer services at 6:30am!

My misses woke me up at 6:30 this morning complaining that she couldn't get on Facebook. Oh no... no Facebook fix before work  Roll_eyes
Five minutes later I'd reset my modem, checked and reset the firewall and tried pinging everything under the sun. Everything worked on my side of the 'phone line and the modem said I was connected.
Deciding either (1) I needed a new modem or (2) there was a 'problem', I thought I would give Plusnet customer services a call. Took a while to find the number in my browser cache! Must write it down on paper...
Anyway, I didn't really expect an answer, other than a recorded message saying 'Please call back at 9am' or something. But I thought it worth a try. There seemed to be nothing else I could do, other than go up in the loft to find my old modem.
I was, then, taken aback to select the option for broadband faults and actually hear a living human voice within seconds! Wow...
I must have sounded like a complete numpty: I had barely woken up, hadn't had my first coffee, couldn't remember my username or password... I could barely remember my 'phone number! (must write them all down on paper...)
Still, it turned out that BT had messed up at my local exchange and broken something. It's partially working now, if you can call speeds lower than 60kbps working...
The point is: Thank you Plusnet for actually having staff available to talk to at half past six in the morning! I was well impressed!
Rick.
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: I'm impressed - cutomer services at 6:30am!

Glad to hear everything is at least working now.
It sound like the profile might have dropped, but it should pick up again relatively quickly.
You can try giving us a ring at 4am next time if you like?
LordFox
Rising Star

Yeah - it looks like my profile's gone south. I've got a steady maximum at 61kBps (kiloBytes - my first message suffered from fat-fingers - still haven't had that coffee yet!)
As to 4am - thanks for the offer but I'll take your word for that. I don't intend seeing 4am if I can help it!   Smiley

Edit: the coffee situation has now been resolved  Cheesy likewise the bacon butty situation!
James
Grafter

Yep - Profile is set to 500Kbps on a 8128Kbps syncing line.
Hopefully should pick up within 24 hours.
LordFox
Rising Star

Thanks for checking James.