cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'll have an App Please Bob!

Ado16
Grafter

I'll have an App Please Bob!

The Independently produced phone app "PlusLimit" seems to have died a death - and I'm once again astonished at Plusnet's lack of enthusiasm for producing one.  A few enquiries over the years have produced limp "We have no plans for one" responses.  Why? Are they that expensive?  Odd to believe but sometimes the ability to check how your service is doing - quickly - on your phone - is a lot quicker than firing up the Computer to do it?
So please Plusnet! Think again! Smiley
19 REPLIES 19
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: I'll have an App Please Bob!

A simple question
Given that al the present products are unlimited why bother when there must be more urgent things which need fixing
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Also possibly worth saying, VMBU can be viewed in the browser of pretty much any smartphone, I believe this was pretty much all the functionality of the PlusLimit app (though viewing in a browser on a small screen isn't ideal it's certainly do-able).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It's always been a good suggestion.
I think it's more down to a case of allocating dev resource elsewhere at the moment.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yep, there's lot more urgent things that need fixing (as well as changing)  Wink
Ado16
Grafter

Of course, it doesn't just have to be about "Limits".  Huh  A decent home made app will give you details of your account - and hey! Why not access to this glorious forum too?  So we can all "Share the Love" eh?  Wink
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I don't really know if I'd bother accessing the forums from my phone in honesty.
Sent from my iPhone
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Ado16
Grafter

Cheesy  Grin
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I have accessed them from my basic wap phone  Sad
TORPC
Grafter

I suppose it can be invaluable to access the forum for support on a smartphone, for when you main internet is down, & are awaiting a response from CRT on your support thread or if you you want to check the status of your open ticket etc
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Personally I think rather than an independent app a responsive site design for the member centre would be better in all honesty.
Like how we have for the front page, but the entire site.
Saves having to develop and maintain multiple apps for multiple app stores.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Quote from: TORPC
I suppose it can be invaluable to access the forum for support on a smartphone, for when you main internet is down, & are awaiting a response from CRT on your support thread or if you you want to check the status of your open ticket etc

None of which requires an app.
Ado16
Grafter

Quote from: Scott
Personally I think rather than an independent app a responsive site design for the member centre would be better in all honesty.
Like how we have for the front page, but the entire site.
Saves having to develop and maintain multiple apps for multiple app stores.

That's fair enough.  Always refreshing to use a site that automatically switches to a Mobile sized format. and of course, all you have to do is to bookmark the page to your main screen to access it.
No joke or sarcasm intended -  it works well for our Chinese Restaurant!
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I've  raised the point about a phone friendly website before
I do browse the forums and check details on the website with my smartphone but it certainly strains my eyesight  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: DaveyH

Quote from: TORPC

None of which requires an app.

If there was an app with access to a Basic Trouble Shooting Guide - Prior to contacting, Support / Portal / Member Centre / Ticket pages, it may help some with dexterity sight or verbal problems, in trying to locate the support pages in the 1st instances
Don't forget there was an Apple App Store (  https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/plusnet/id404965487?mt=8?WT.mc_id=ec_int_201012_Plus29&link=appstore redirects to http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/affiliates/download/
& there is one in Google App Store Albeit (Last update 2011) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=t4t.demo.webview
Something basic & simple would suffice
That said
I can not test as it is incompatible with my devices