cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Hope

john50
Grafter

I Hope

I've made the right decision (looking round I probably have) by joining Plusnet from those erm wonderful people at Tiscali/TalkTalk
but a couple of comments as to the reasons for coming to a slightly more expensive provider!
I was on an old Tiscali unlimited deal now "non contract"  phone is llu with them, so the other night I got a phone call offering to upgrade  Undecided  I was offered a special deal as a loyal customer (been with them since the old Lineone days) So I thought wow a cheap deal!
So to cut a long story my special deal was to tie myself in for another 18 months, get "free" antivirus,  INCREASE my payments by £2.49 per month and cap my usage to 40gb.  currently its unlimited with a 100gb+  fair usage policy.
Now I might look stupid but.....................
Oh and 45 minutes on the phone at 5p a minute the following night getting the run around  trying to find out my monthly usage, don't worry Plusnet  I never did get a proper answer from them but they assured me it was  nowhere near the 40 gb they were offering  Smiley
Now the other interesting point Plusnet sent a request to port my number and guess what my bb speeds are suddenly so unreliable its untrue
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: I Hope

Welcome to the Forum
Whats that old song?  Its not unusual
severedsolo
Grafter

Welcome to the forum Smiley
I know exactly where your coming from with Talktalk. The forums arent bad (nowhere near as good as PN's one though) but their tech support call centre is terrible! below is an actual conversation I had with TT Technical Support,
Me: Hello, Im having a problem with my broadband, it keeps dropping out in the evening, I have already checked everything my end, including pluging into the test socket etc.
TT advisor: Ok sir, What Operating System are you using?
Me: Windows 7 Ultimate
TT: Sorry? Is that XP or Vista?
Me: Neither, its Windows 7 brand new Operating System from Microsoft, only came out last week.
TT: There is a version of XP called 7 is that what you mean sir?
Me: *hangs up*
Anyway, back on topic, Welcome to PN I hope your as happy as most of us are with them Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

...welcome aboard!
Jojo Smiley
john50
Grafter

Quote from: severedsolo
Welcome to the forum Smiley
I know exactly where your coming from with Talktalk. The forums arent bad (nowhere near as good as PN's one though) but their tech support call centre is terrible! below is an actual conversation I had with TT Technical Support,
Me: Hello, Im having a problem with my broadband, it keeps dropping out in the evening, I have already checked everything my end, including pluging into the test socket etc.
TT advisor: Ok sir, What Operating System are you using?
Me: Windows 7 Ultimate
TT: Sorry? Is that XP or Vista?
Me: Neither, its Windows 7 brand new Operating System from Microsoft, only came out last week.
TT: There is a version of XP called 7 is that what you mean sir?
Me: *hangs up*
Anyway, back on topic, Welcome to PN I hope your as happy as most of us are with them Smiley

I'm sure you missed a line out  after
it should read
TT Could please unscrew the front off your socket and plug straight into the test socket that is behind it  Grin