cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one light

Nobluelight

Hub one light

When you next update the hub one please can you add an option to turn off the blue light and not just dim it.
6 REPLIES 6
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Hub one light

Meantime, try a piece of white insulating tape 😊

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Or, and I know it's an added expense, buy a 2nd hand BT Homehub 6. A better router which has a setting to not only dim the blue light but switch it off completely between user determined times.

Nobluelight

Thanks for the replies but my comment was more for Plusnet to take note. Sticking tape on a router or having to buy a new router proves they are supplying garbage.

As it happens I have a BT router in a bag ready to send back that I never had problems with lol.

Yesterday I had people over who had iPhones and they took my android phone wifi down lol. I had to rename the 5ghz network and in the end figured I would turn it off. I now have an even more annoying orange light. You can't expect an average user to be doing this, very bad kit! Take note Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Then why not use the BT router?

You presumably came to PN to save a few quid, they supply the same router BT did a few years ago - which had the same issues.

?

Nobluelight

BT will bill me if I don't send it back apparently, maybe I should find out how much. I have been a Plusnet customer for more years than not. At least I won't need to put up any Christmas lights this year with that thing in the hallway 🤣
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Personally I would just stick tape over it.

Problem I can see is that if PlusNet were to provide that option, it would make detecting fault a lot more difficult. How can they tell it is an actual fault, or someone just having disabled the light. I suppose there is a bit more to it than that.

I have Branson Media at home (good old monopolies and mergers comission allowing only one company to control this country's entire fibre network 🙄) and my router is just sat on the floor.

I haven't looked but I assume that doesn't have the option to disable the lights either.

Personally unless it is flashing directly into my eyeball whilst I am trying to sleep then it wouldn't bother me. I assume moving it is not an option either?