Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to phone Plusnet technical support

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

How to phone Plusnet technical support

Hi,
Since Plusnet keep their phone number well hidden on the web site, I think it might be an idea to have a sticky on this forum or maybe elsewhere giving the phone number and options, and kept updated as their number and/or IVR changes.
Last time I called I must have selected a wrong option, as although I am quite sure I selected "Customer Services" I did not in fact get through to them, meaning I was back on hold at the back of the queue again. 
I think, the current process is ...
[tt]  Dial 0800 432 0200
        Press 1  (Existing customer)
        Press 9  (If you don't know your "number")
        Press 1  (Customer Services)
        Press 2  (If something's not working)
[/tt]
If anyone knows a better or quicker way to get to technical support, please chip in.
17 REPLIES 17
All4One
Grafter

Re: How to phone Plusnet technical support

Dial 0800 432 0200
Select Option 2 which is for Technical Support.
Did it on Saturday, was all sorted and off the phone within 5mins.
All4One
Grafter

I don't know how easier it can be...ring, select option 2  Crazy
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Option 2 is "If you're thinking of joining us", as opposed to "If you're an existing customer or have just signed up, Press 1"
There's no option called "Technical Support".  Sounds like either a recent change, or the options are different depending on where you call from,  I was calling from work rather than home.
Apprentice
Grafter

There were two options when I phoned that number from a mobile:
1) Existing customer or recently joined
2)Thinking of joining us?

My line rental is with Plusnet and on phoning I get 3 options:
1) Customer support, account, billing
2) Technical support
3) Moving home, thinking of leaving us

You never know there could be other combinations too depending on who provides your LR  Grin

yamaniyyah
Hooked

Unfortunately, this doesn't help after 8pm, when customer support lines are closed, but supposedly, technical support is until 10pm.

So how are we supposed to contact technical support between 8 to 10 pm, if they don't have a separate number?

There is in fact such a number, and i had it once, but can't find it anywhere anymore. I think I'll phone customer support during their office hours, and ask them what to do about this problem.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Apologies if you're having issues getting through to support. To call us on tech support or customer service is the same number, it's simply different options in the phone menu. For reference the number is 0800 432 0200.

Support staff do also monitor these boards, so if you are looking for support it may be worth posting a new thread regarding the issue.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
yamaniyyah
Hooked

Unfortunately, my question wasn't answered with this. Part reason of why I joined Plusnet was, that technical support is until 10pm, not only until 8pm.

When I have an issue where I need help right no during those times (between 8 to 10pm), then writing a ticket is useless, and often impossible to do, when I don't even have internet connection at those times.

When I needed technical support once after 8pm, and phoned that customer service number, an automated message stated, that all lines were closed now, and gave no option to get through to technical support, which supposedly is available until 10pm.

So what is one supposed to do? My suggestion to Plusnet: get a separate phone number for tech support!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Something doesn't sound right here, as both our customer service and tech support teams are open from 7:30 to 10 every day of the year. I'd like to look into this and as with anything it's easier to try to identify a problem when it's occurring i.e. between 8 and 10 tomorrow night, so I'll get back to you on Friday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@yamaniyyah, are you definitely using the phone number mentioned a few times in this thread?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’ve just called 0800 432 0200 as of 20:41 and after dialling the options 1-9-1-2 I was put into the queue for tech support.

Obviously I hung up after a few seconds of hearing hold music, but at no point did I hear that the lines were closed. Do you mind me clarifying with you what number you rang?
Cheers.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
yamaniyyah
Hooked

Hullo,

and thank you for checking it out for me!

The situation was like this: I got through before 8pm, and someone wanted to check my line. Since I don't own a mobile phone I had to close my landline phone, and the person said, they would call me back in 5 minutes. It took a bit longer, and when my phone rang, I raced from the other end of my flat - which is rather long and narrow - to the front room, where my phone was. When I picked up, though, the person had hung up already, and on my caller display it said "withheld", so I couldn't call back directly.

That's when I tried once more to get through with the same number I called before, but in the meantime it was already after 8pm, and that's when I heard this automated message I spoke about before.

I think the number I called was the one you mention, but I don't remember exactly (its a couple of weeks ago, or maybe 10 days or so). The only other numbers I have from Plusnet, is the sales team's number (which is different), and one more number, which I'm unsure, if it's still valid, and that one is 0345-140-0200, but I think I used the number you mention, because that was the number I got through with the first time.

In any case, I remember hearing from the sales team when I joined Plusnet, that customer services is only until 8pm, but technical support until 10pm, so maybe the hours of customer support have been lengthened recently? Or I just understood the times wrongly, but the fact is, that I heard this message, of the customer service lines being closed now, and to call back the next day.

yamaniyyah
Hooked

Nothing is 100%, and is was a while ago, when this happenend, but as far as I can remember, I used that number.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @yamaniyyah

The phone number 0345 140 0200 is still in use, it's a good number to use if you're calling from abroad but as far as I'm aware the switchboard/IVR is the same as for 0800 432 0200.

However, it might be that you called 0800 013 2632 which routes to our Customer Options Team (Sales & Retentions) who do close at 8pm.

In any case, I remember hearing from the sales team when I joined Plusnet, that customer services is only until 8pm, but technical support until 10pm, so maybe the hours of customer support have been lengthened recently?

I'm sorry if you were advised this. Our customer service and tech support teams have always been open 7:30 to 10 ever since we moved away from offering 24//7 residential support which was mid-2015 if memory serves me right.

Anywho I'd recommend using 0800 432 0200 (0345 140 0200 when/if abroad) for any queries relating to Customer Service, Tech Support, Faults or Order Updates as they're open 7 to 10:30 7:30 to 10 everyday but if you're looking at leaving us, renewing your contract or cancelling your service I'd call Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 who are open 9 to 9 8 to 8 on weekdays, 9 to 7 on Saturdays and 9 to 6 on Sundays.

Hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
yamaniyyah
Hooked

Thank you for your advice!

Hope I'll remember it always, or at least remember to look this up again, and also hope, that I'll get through at least until 10pm, because I personally really need technical support later at night (like it was once, in the good olden times), as that's when I have the time to do my computer work. So obviously, when something goes wrong then, and it's after 10pm, I can't do what needs to be done at that moment, and have to wait until next evening (I'm not available to phone until then).

Nonetheless, thanks again!