cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lose customers and alienate people

swapmeetpete
Grafter

How to lose customers and alienate people

One of my referals is a lady in her eighties. Her bank screwed up and lost all her direct debits. Most of the utilities managed to cope with it.
Before I was able to intervene, Plusnet set a debt collection agency on her. She was understandably mortified. Result; Plusnet lost a good customer without trying, and I lost a referal.
So unnecessary.
5 REPLIES 5
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: How to lose customers and alienate people

That's disgusting. PN will be getting the same reputation as TT the way it's going.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

One would hope that they wouldn't sink that low.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Something sounds odd here, we don't send debt to a recovery agency unless it's been outstanding for quite a while (the exact timescale eludes me at the moment). We can also make arrangements for circumstances such as this it we're told about it. Can you PM me their username so I can see what's going on here?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
swapmeetpete
Grafter

PM sent. Thanks, Mark
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks, I'm taking a look now. Obviously I won't be able to respond with any details or info from the account here but I'll certainly see what happened.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.