cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Register a Formal Complaint

RobS2
Grafter

How to Register a Formal Complaint

Hi, pretty much as the title suggests.  I think the problem is related to BT, but I have to rely on PN to resolve it.  Lots of failed promises and the result is a poor connection is now a non existent connection.  Escalation at the call centre hasn't resolved it so need to go to the next level or exercise my MAC code.
15 REPLIES 15
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: How to Register a Formal Complaint

Sorry to hear you're having problems. You should find everything you need to know here. I'll take a look at your account now and see if I can offer any advice...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

RobS2
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.  Rather than writing is it possible to talk to someone?  I read that I have to give 28 days notice to leave - is that always applied even when there are "problems"?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Unless you are leaving to go to a VM cable connection, if your problem is due to BT it is very unlikely that you will do better elsewhere.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RobS2
Grafter

I phoned up my intended new ISP and managed to speak to some one imeadiately.  They were able to explain very quick what was likely to be happening and the possible reasons - so far very impressed.  Just need to work how how quickly I extract myself from PlusNet who want to keep me for 28 days despite not providing with a BB connection.  They are more expensive but as the service from PN is deteriorating so quickly I'm not prepared to wait around.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: RobS2
Thanks for the reply.  Rather than writing is it possible to talk to someone?  I read that I have to give 28 days notice to leave - is that always applied even when there are "problems"?

There's always room for consideration but as jelv has alluded to a migration to another IPStream provider is highly unlikely to remedy your fault (just result in you having to start from the beginning of the fault raising process again).
I'd imagine you've spoken to various people over the past few months have you not? Most of them will have been equally empowered to act on your behalf.
I've taken a look at your account and can see that the issue has spanned across several months. As opposed to read all the account notes it would make more sense for me to have a chat with our faults guys face to face when I'm next in the office (at home at the moment).
It does look like Openreach were scheduled to complete a 'Tie Pair Modification' this afternoon which involves an engineer re-jumpering your line to change the broadband port that you're connected to at the exchange. At the very least I'd recommend waiting to hear the outcome of this.
Your line does not look very healthy though given your downstream attenuation figures. Whether or not you'll ever see a return to 2Mbps speeds remains to be seen...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

RobS2
Grafter

Bob, not sure I fully agree with your reasoning.  If after several months the problem is not fixed then I have little option but to try another ISP.  The tie pair mod was supposed to be completed on Wed and then on Thursday.  I am told an engineer was at the exchange both days to do the work, but for what ever reason the work was not completed and fault still exists.
I have had 5 BT engineer visits and they have swapped the line from the cab to the exchange for a much shorter one.  They have also changed the line from the cab to the end of my road.  Although it is an underground cable it is buried in the hedge (above ground).  The next section of cable never gives any problems so has not been touched.  The connection was reliable at 2Mbps for some time, but until the recent work, was often disconnected and ran at 135Kbps.
Anyway back to the original question is there anyone in PlusNet I can talk to other than the Team Lead at the call centre.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: RobS2
Anyway back to the original question is there anyone in PlusNet I can talk to other than the Team Lead at the call centre.

Nobody with more authority than Rich really (certainly nobody any higher up whose going to understand the technicalities of your problem in any capacity). We've also escalated the issue within BT Wholesale. I'll have another word with our faults guys now to see if there's been any developments although I understand you've called already today for an update?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

RobS2
Grafter

Just been updated by phone.  BTW now have replacement equipemnt and will be fitting it later today.  Hopefully it will be different to the previous 2 vists they made.  Richard is away for a few days so really need someone else in PN with similar authority to keep pushing this.  This was supposed to take less than half an hour a week ago.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As I recall, this was a problem where the line attenuation went from somewhere in the mid 40's (where it had to be for you to have been on a fixed 2M connection for a number of years) to around 60dB, the net result very poor service and by the sound of recent speeds full of faults as well.
This seems to be yet another case of the inability of someone senior enough on the PN faults team to take ownership of an ongoing complex fault and convey the issues to BTw/OpenReach and kick them hard enough to take the matter seriously and get it sorted.
Rob, your intended new ISP isn't O2 by any chance is it?
misha
Dabbler

Rob, been reading your problems with interest and I have the same issues as you, dropping off connection, following all the checks, registering the fault, numerous phone calls, BT say fault fixed !! Wow connection, then disapointment its down again, another ticket registered will things change ? Not hopeful but I live in hope !!!  Managed to get this comment on before connection goes again, I would also appreciate the PN fault teams help in sorting out my gremlins. 
James
Grafter

Hi Micha,
I've just been looking at your fault and I can see that your connection is still disconnecting.
I've updated your ticket and passed your fault back to BT.  Hopefully we should have some further news in the next 24 hours.
Lurker
Grafter

@Jameseh, can you also see if mine is still playing silly beggars too?
James
Grafter

James - It looks okay recently.  Uptime is now over 18 hours.
Lurker
Grafter

Coolio - 'er indoors is getting V stressed about the non-internetting that we've had. Smiley