cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Navigate to Service Staus email Registration - or not

drw
Grafter

How to Navigate to Service Staus email Registration - or not

Starting from being a logged on user of Plusnet I was trying to give advice to another user on how to register to receive emails documenting problems, fixes etc etc.  Which is a  very useful service.
The option is hidden away behind a vague heading called The Plusnet Community - this heading totally misrepresents the resources hidden behind it. Please detail the facilities on the Help and Support panel.
To me a community brings to mind a mass of people sitting in a pub or parish hall chattering and imbibing refreshments of their choice. 
12 REPLIES 12
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: How to Navigate to Service Staus email Registration - or not

er whats that I see on the top line, looks like help and support
drw
Grafter

but why should I assume that the "Plusnet Community" heading would lead me to useful facilities that would enable me to sign on to receive a Plusnetservice. 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

but that is the home page with a help and support button on it, no mention of community, it takes you straight there - whats the problem with that
and on that page is the service status see below, just two clicks
Lurker
Grafter

If you find the two places already mentioned a little baffling, there is a third way: http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/26
drw
Grafter

You all know your way around the Plusnet web site far better than I do. The instructions you give do not demonstrate a clear and sensible route from the main Plusnet website that I use to log into to get to the page where one can register to receive status emails.
I found out how to register to receive status e-mails from Plusnet from a direct reference to the page on a forum sometime in the past.

Why am I raising this topic.
I was reading a thread on another forum about a Plusnet user that was cut off and could not get a sensible explanation from the Plusnet help desk nor any expectation of when he would be reconnected.  The cause was most likely due to the east London cable breakage. He was using the local library computer to keep in contact during the outage.

When I suggested that he should register to receive status emails from Plusnet he could not find out how to do it - I then groped around the Plusnet web site and eventually discovered the web page to and was able to give the user the URL of the registration page.
The route from the main Plusnet sign-on page to where one can register to receive status emails is not intuitive or logical.  The capability and the way to do it should be made easily visible.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I think drw makes a faily good point point.
Whilst exploration of Usertools is nice, and that's a good link James, ordinary users are unlikely to do it!
On the Service Status page http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&?helpheader=servicestatus
Under the section entitled 'Related Links' I think there should be one entitled "Get e-mail updates" which goes to http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php
pierre_pierre
Grafter

chris there are two meanings of your thoughts
Under the section entitled 'Related Links' I think there should be one entitled "
  did you mean I think but havnt looked, or It would be a very nice link to be there? Grin Grin
drw
Grafter

I have looked and I cannot see a link there to the email registration for status emails.
Anotherone
Champion

I mean there should be one there and there isn't  Roll_eyes I did look pierre Tongue
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Anotherone
I think drw makes a faily good point point.
Whilst exploration of Usertools is nice, and that's a good link James, ordinary users are unlikely to do it!
On the Service Status page http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&?helpheader=servicestatus
Under the section entitled 'Related Links' I think there should be one entitled "Get e-mail updates" which goes to http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php

Good idea, not sure why we've not done this before now tbh. I've asked our content guys to have a look at adding this link when they get a spare minute (ref: 107073).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion

Nice one, thanks Bob.
drw
Grafter

Thanks for the response - I look forward to the new links - you might see a small reduction in calls to to the help people as more people learn to use the more publicised facilities