cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How on earth do plus net top customer ratings polls???

Karenlangridge

How on earth do plus net top customer ratings polls???

I cannot believe how appalling plus net are!
I arranged to have a service at my new address via compare the market, I placed the order at the end of July to have the service from 14th August at my new address. I was told to phone plus net after 2-3 days to arrange delivery of the router,after waiting 30 minutes on the phone I was told it was not possible to place my order until 10th August as the previous tenants had cancelled the line but that I would be contacted on the 11th to confirm the order and to let me know my new number, this never happened. I then received a text on the 13th saying my number and that the service would be active on the 27th-I was moving the next day so did not challenge this. I then received a text on the 14 th saying my phone service was active and giving me a different number. Despite many phone calls I had no internet, just a quick heads up to plus net- when you are unable to provide an Internet service constantly texting someone and asking them to check tickets online is kinda taking the p*** as is sending texts stating "your new number is." I still had no internet service, I was told this was a 'resource' issue with BT  for the router although the member of staff manually ordered one and it came ( is this a resource issue or not?)Imagine my surprise when, on the 27th, my number was changed to the original number I had been given. . . .i then had to spend over 2 hours,mainly on hold, to try to sort out the number change. I was told my number was being changed to the one I had previously had(for a whole 2 weeks) and I would have internet that day- this did not happen. I then spent more time on the phone the next day (I'm up to over 3 hours on hold in total at this point) to be told my phone was back to normal and the Internet would work that day. Thanks to the member of staff who monitored the provision and phoned me to tell me the Internet was working I knew I had a service, no text as promised and when I logged on you had sent an email!! Stunning, when I have no internet I wonder whose bright idea that was . . . . .
I now have an appalling phone service, the line is so bad it is almost impossible to use, I phoned,again,yesterday to try to sort that and the fact that my internet is intermittent at best only to find that you have a different number than the one you provide registered against my account. Allegedly the phone line is being sorted,meanwhile I enquired about high speed internet as we have that where I live,I didn't know this until I moved and I was not offered it when I signed up. I asked about this and was told one set of prices but told was told to talk to sales as they would be able to do a better price. Sales could not process this request until the correct number was on your records for my phone line,when they phoned today I was told initially that there was no high speed internet provision and had to persuade the rep there was,great sales technique! Once he relented and accepted there was a service I was told 2 completely different sets of prices from those I had already been told (both higher, not lower as I had been promised) and different again from those quoted on the Internet.
What the hell is actually going on there?? I have never dealt with such an incompetent company and now have no faith that I am being told the truth by anyone I speak to there, oh did I mention the money that goes in and out of my account taken by yourselves? I have paid for a service I haven't received (Internet) and am paying for a phone line that is virtually inaudible meanwhile I can get no straight answer as to a price to try to get a decent broadband service. I want to put in a complaint but there seems to be no procedure-due to the previous problems there are,apparently,too many tickets on my account to raise another. The answer,obviously, would be to change provider,something I would have done some time ago-only problems my 'choices' are this fiasco or BT!! Not much of a choice then . . . . .
I am in despair of ever getting things sorted or ever getting an honest answer from plus net. Life is too short for all this hassle just to try to get a company to provide  a service.
8 REPLIES 8
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: How on earth do plus net top customer ratings polls???

Hi Karen,
This makes for poor reading, really sorry to hear about your experience and thanks for bringing it to our attention.
By my understanding, we found that your line worked ok in the test socket, so we're monitoring this for a couple of days. Let me know if this is incorrect. I know that you're interested in fibre, so we can look into that, and I'll be happy to provide some goodwill gesture for the inconvenience once you're up and running.
All the best,
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Karenlangridge

Thank you for the reply. You may be interested to know that today, despite having had a phone service since 14th August plus net have now started sending me texts telling me my service is up and running and sending my number. Honest to god,does ANYONE at that company know what they are doing?Huh
Whilst you seem to be taking an interest-can you explain to me why your sales staff (Nigel) seem to have no idea of what service you are actually able to provide? I am very angry that I have been quoted such high prices for high speed broadband when you have much better prices advertised for new customers. If your sales staff were aware of the services you offer  I would have been able to take advantage of the new customer price- I have only had a 'service' for 10 days yet,once your staff were told,by me,this was available at my address I have been quoted much higher figures. Can you also explain why I was told that sales could offer me a better deal than what I was told was the standard price yet I was quoted higher figures by them? Again, it appears there is no one in any area of your company that is able to tell the truth to customers.
I cannot express how appalled I am at your total and complete ineptitude as a company- I shall be warning everyone I know to keep well away,I just wish I had more options.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'm not really sure why Nigel didn't know about the service. I'll get the call listened to on your behalf.
Keep us posted re: the line in your test socket, and let me know if anything needs investigation.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Karenlangridge

I am not prepared to speak to Nigel again-please can you arrange for him  to stop calling me,If you listen to the calls I hope you note his aggressive manner towards customers. All I  want is someone who knows what they are talking about oh and for your information he tried to tell me I didn't need the top speed of Internet,surely this is a decision for me to make? Also not great sales practise . . .
I am still waiting to be told a proper price for high speed broadband-I would expect after all the problems I have had (including internet STILLdropping out) and the failure of your team to know facts that I would be offered the new customer rate as advertised on your website (40 mb at £5 for 6 months then £14.99 for 12 months). Please can you confirm as I am sick and tired of having/paying for such a poor service.
Re my phone line,the phone works ok when plugged into the test socket,it is when using the filter that it becomes inaudible- can you remedy this?
I notice that you offered some compensation for all the problems I have had,please explain what this will be and when I can expect it?
Karenlangridge

Every day seems to be another f*** up by plus net. I was emailed recently to say my direct debit would be taken out of my account on or after 11th, I now find out that it has been taken today,the 9th.
I have no understanding of what this payment is for as my service was only 'connected' on the 14th August and billing is monthly.
Due to your failure to do any single thing right with my account I am now referring the whole matter to OFCOM. I simply cannot spend anymore time trying to get you as a company to function properly.
mikecarrick

Quote from: Karenlangridge
Thank you for the reply. You may be interested to know that today, despite having had a phone service since 14th August plus net have now started sending me texts telling me my service is up and running and sending my number. Honest to god,does ANYONE at that company know what they are doing?Huh
Whilst you seem to be taking an interest-can you explain to me why your sales staff (Nigel) seem to have no idea of what service you are actually able to provide? I am very angry that I have been quoted such high prices for high speed broadband when you have much better prices advertised for new customers. If your sales staff were aware of the services you offer  I would have been able to take advantage of the new customer price- I have only had a 'service' for 10 days yet,once your staff were told,by me,this was available at my address I have been quoted much higher figures. Can you also explain why I was told that sales could offer me a better deal than what I was told was the standard price yet I was quoted higher figures by them? Again, it appears there is no one in any area of your company that is able to tell the truth to customers.
I cannot express how appalled I am at your total and complete ineptitude as a company- I shall be warning everyone I know to keep well away,I just wish I had more options.

I have also just started a thread, I so feel your pain and once I get an internet connection (other than mobile mifi which is costing me a fortune) I am going to make it my life's mission to inform via EVERY forum on ISP provider reviews to steer clear of Plusnet, as you say, its the customer service as well as the service
Karenlangridge

Couldn't agree more Mike. What a waste of time these forums are also, I actually thought I was getting somewhere but seem to get no response to actual issues other than platitudes. I am just at a loss as to how to get issues resolved-there seems no point in phoning, as well as the standard hour or so wait there does not seem to be a single person working there that is able to either sort out problems or knows the facts. I guess it's recorded delivery letters to head office to start an official complaint . . . I have spent almost a month now every day trying to get this sorted, can't really face all the extra effort needed (I am disabled and have a chronic illness) but these ***** need holding to account and I totally agree about warning others- all I want is a working phone and Internet service and I have entered a living hell . . . .
Good luck
johncena1922
Dabbler

Plus Net is a complete joke , they keep you going round in circles hoping you will give up complaint