Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How on earth are you ever to get through to PlusNet customer care

FIXED
rolya
Grafter

How on earth are you ever to get through to PlusNet customer care

Chat keeps cutting me off, phone lines over-used, I thought this was award winning service ? Huh

I am hoping someone can sort this out once and for all

I won a competition back in September for Free Broadband, line rental and BT Sport for 18 months. However since then I have been incorrectly billed and have to keep calling in to get it refunded. Quite honestly, am getting sick of tired doing this 4 months down the line

I get the BT Sport discounted and the line rental, but the billing system can't cope with a 3rd discount, so I keep getting charged £19.99 for broadband. I've been promised this will be fixed, but clearly it has not. 

A very fedup customer!

15 REPLIES 15
rolya
Grafter

Re: How on earth are you ever to get through to PlusNet customer care

Sorted now. Managed to get the same chat handler back again ([CSA Removed]) who resolved my issue

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Real Alice in Wonderland, your means of communication breaks down..... which means you cannot communicate!

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Surely those chat handlers do not use their real names, only last week I was talking to a chap called Michael in Mumbai Wink

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @rolya

I'm really sorry to hear you're being billed incorrectly and having difficulties in getting through to us.

Happy to hear it's sorted. I'll double check up on things tomorrow for you just to help make sure the billing issue is fully resolved moving forward.

We're also in the process of training new advisers so I hope in the coming weeks the call queues drop down.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
artmo
Aspiring Champion

@Anoush it's good to hear you are going to ensure this problem is sorted but I do think PN should stop telling us the communication problems will be resolved as soon as you have trained more agents. This has been a standard PN excuse for the past 18 months. Your new call centre in Leeds was supposed to resolve the long waits but it hasn't.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Anoush   We live in hope eternal.....  

{  We're also in the process of training new advisers so I hope in the coming weeks the call queues drop down.  }

@artmo  Oops... you missed a few years....

I started a campaign 9 years ago... and what was the standard response..  "GIve us time and we`ll get there"...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Suggestion-employ-more-staff-to-answer-tickets-and-ph...

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

There have been peaks and troughs in the call queues over the past couple of years since I started working here. Recently this past week there's been a customer service/technical support queue of between zero to 90 seconds at times.

We are still focused on bringing the call queues down, and maintaining consistency.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Thanks @Anoush for rephrasing  .... " give us time and we`ll get there"...  Huh

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Things are improving and I'm optimistic for what lies ahead.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

"I'm optimistic for what lies ahead" - is that a broken forum!!! Huh

(a moment ago your post was - altogether now - "all by myself..." Cheesy - it appeared to be on a new topic page.... mav perhaps Wink )

Anyway, back to the reason for posting - https://careers.plus.net/our-departments/customer-service-centre/

So it would appear that things are moving forwards:)

BT just need to 'allow' more than 6 PN employees to work on PN's TV side, out of the current 1800 me thinks.

And whilst typing I get "X Error message ( <- main title) Message Not Found ( <- new line) The message you are trying to access is not available. ( <- another line)

(edit. this post took a-g-e-s to post, will check at this end as I've been having some issues.....)

Mav
Fixes: 514

@DS

There was an error thrown up when I attempted to move the thread which I immediately sorted.

If you had clicked on the Reply button prior to my moving the thread then you could get the error when subsequently posting your reply as the original link had changed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

DS
Seasoned Champion

@Mav Thanks for letting me know Smiley

I did end up opening a new tab, copied the reply, tried to post and also had another error message for several minutes -

PN Oops.JPG

Hitting the return link made my reply go awol - no idea if you can see multiples in the forum spam?

But when it eventually seemed to post, the above text was copied about 4 times!! Grin

Mav
Fixes: 514

@DS

Have checked the Spam folder and nothing there.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

DS
Seasoned Champion

Thanks for looking @Mav, chalk it up as one of those mysteries of the www.