Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How low can PlusNet go?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: How low can PlusNet go?

I've added some notes to the fault ticket to clarify for the faults team, I'll give them a nudge to look at this asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Saturn
Grafter

Maybe you could get someone to fix my problem as well, banging on since April.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@saturn
I suggest you start a new topic detailing your issue and it's history
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Saturn
I can see our complaints team are handling your issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Wish they'd handle mine!!!
dick:quote
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

So, we're up to September the 16th from a fault that started on installation of fibre back on June 26th!
My THIRD BT engineer called today. He was here over two hours and managed to get through to their level two support (apparently no easy task - they hang up after 5 minutes to keep the targets!)
After testing everything (including internal wiring that I'm sure he doesn't have to do) Level 2 got him to eclude PlusNet from the whole setup (don't ask me how) and surprise surprise, without PlusNet caps or errors my speeds were excellent - as you can see from the screenshot of his test on his laptop.
What next PlusNet? Will I now get the speed you sold me... and that I'm paying for?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

There is some possibility that "excluding PlusNet from the whole setup" (as you put it) might well have also removed certain parts of BTw's infrastructure to PlusNet's setup as well.
Which router do you have?  If it supports WAN ping (the 2704n does not) then setting up a TBB BQM might shine some light on matters.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Thanks Townman - if I understood a word of that I'd answer  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
I have tried my new ish Netgear but also a new Plusnet one - no difference.
The full engineer report has gone to Plusnet - hopefully they'll understand it better than I did... and their part in it. There top guys said it was Plusnet - that's 4 different Openreach techs so I'm going with that.
At least I have an answer, after all these years, if I want what I paid for then I'll have to go to BT and PlusNet can replace me with free for a year newbies and watch the churn rate mount.
I think I've been more than patient and they have now used up my years of goodwill - I certainly couldn't recommend them any more.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Is somebody having a laugh down there?Huh
Is there somebody who can read the ticket before they write back [Censored]?Huh
After 3 bt engineer visits, and a final acceptance that something was wrong with plusnet's set-up i wait, and wait and wait while they investigate, and i get this -
Thank you for your patience.
We have reviewed the issue and can see that the line will not perform above 40Mb due to the type of package you are on. The unlimited Fibre package allows up to 40Mb speeds. In order to get speeds of above 40Mb you would need to upgrade to our Fibre extra package.
You can make this change here - https://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html?memberheader=upgrade
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
How is this level of incompetance possible - why has this not been passed to a levelk two or three support by now - June for Christ's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) All caps text edited as per forum rule.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Be careful what you post Stewart. You are in danger of being accused of jumping on the have a dig at Plusnet bandwagon by their fan club members! Roll_eyes
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Post away Stewart. I think you'll find that the Plusnet fanclub members are few and far between these days.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I really don't know what newagetraveller is on about. There are plenty of us that will criticise Plusnet when it is in the wrong, and equally if a user has misunderstood who is to blame for a problem, then some of us will try and explain.
Plusnet have got it wrong on a number of occasions of late, but then, they haven't been the only ones.
What's the latest Stewart?
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

There is no latest really. Nothing has changed. They were going to set up a new profile within 24-72 hours but nothing happened. They said when I phoned to chase that they'd let me know when it's been done but I haven't heard anything and the ticket with the history from June has disappeared.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Use the Open&Closed Tickets link in my sig and select a date range to include when the ticket was first opened. If it's been closed off by Plusnet, you can start another and refer to the question/ticket ID in the new one. Post that old ticket ID number here in the thread (and any new one) and hopefully one of the PLusnet CRT members will pick it up and see what the blazes they've been upto.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Guess what popped up today!
  Hello Stewart,
Account username: stewarta13wsb
Our Support Team have updated Question 106455307 with the comment shown below.

Dear Mr Borland,
Thanks for your patience while we continue to work on a resolution to your reported slow speed fault.
Our network are still working on amending the profile, although the completion date for this work, is not known at the moment.
We apologise for any inconvenience that has been experienced while this fault has been ongoing, and we will continue to check for updates and update you as soon as we have further information on the work required to resolve your fault. This should be within the following 24 to 48 hours.
Kind regards,

I have no idea how long it should take to set up a new profile? But this is now days over the original estimate of up to 72 hours. I still can't find that ticket though?