cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to give me a MAC?

keybored
Grafter

Re: How long to give me a MAC?

When I phoned up for my MAC, I only had to wait about 10 minutes to speak to somebody so not as bad as I thought it would be. I was quite disappointed he didn't try and talk me out of leaving as I was all fired up and ready to tell him a few home truths  Angry
As for Idnet, I only wanted the bb package so it works out cheaper than I'm currently paying Metronet sorry, Plusnet or should that be BT  Undecided
Good luck trying for your MAC; see you on Idnetters  Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I was quite disappointed he didn't try and talk me out of leaving as I was all fired up and ready to tell him a few home truths

I'll be looking into that keybored as its a worry.
I was quite disappointed he didn't try and talk me out of leaving as I was all fired up and ready to tell him a few home truths

Nope, its definitely Plusnet, did you advise the agent of the offer you've taken up with IDnet when you called?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

Adam, I was saving this up for the phone call..........but time has since has lapsed, as had most of my memory over it, sometimes, when I'm bored and I try and get hold of Adam, I am quite naughty and phone Plusnet up for shear amusement value,  Embarrassed Grin Roll_eyes to be totally honest it is normally when I’ve been so narked by the previous call handler...............not one person has ever made an offer, despite my wonderful stories of made up offers from BT and Squalk Squalk  ::)..........the last one was the probably one of the worst handlers I’ve ever heard on the phone, reminded me of that teenage delinquent sketch by.......Harry Enfield? I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong. It really was “.....wha, ya wanna go, oh, righ, uhhh ang on......ughhh......” my reply was "click"  Roll_eyes  Shocked Undecided
– after I heard about the 150 newbies I thought that Plusnet may have got hold of a time machine and imported some Neanderthals from the past to save money. I guess this isn’t the case  ???..........have often been shocked at the lack of shock / surprise, empathy from customer service personal, made up by a few who read the forums, that is quite funny when they click to who I am  - sometimes think that staff are banned from reading them after hearing some of them.  Roll_eyes
However, and I’m sure Adam can shine his god like power light on this, I would not be surprised if there was a “let them go” policy, unless...............as there is nothing there for folk to keep them! We still have BT ringing us after a house move offering us to come back for £5/month for 12months!!! Do Plusnet want loyalty, or a high turnover? - of customers, I'm sure they want a high turnover in monetary terms Wink  Undecided
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Have you had a look at your Gatepost? You may find a chalk mark on it.
Haven't you figured out that there is a tag on your account which tells any agent looking at your account that you should NOT be made a retention offer.
I have recently called the cancellations line and asked for a MAC. After I said that I didn't want t pay for a "sales" call, he offered to call me back and did so immediately. The agent assessed my account and after discussing my needs politely and rationally, he made me an offer. I asked him to put the offer on a Ticket and that I would consider it and update the Ticket if I wanted to accept it.  
The agent whom I will not name here because it would contravene Forum rules, was very competent and has monitored the account since then.
You are not as clever as you think you are and I am sure that PlusNet has the measure of you.  Tongue
Edit: two typos
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all,
However, and I’m sure Adam can shine his god like power light on this, I would not be surprised if there was a “let them go” policy, unless...............as there is nothing there for folk to keep them! We still have BT ringing us after a house move offering us to come back for £5/month for 12months!!! Do Plusnet want loyalty, or a high turnover? - of customers, I'm sure they want a high turnover in monetary terms Wink  Undecided

Haven't you figured out that there is a tag on your account which tells any agent looking at your account that you should NOT be made a retention offer.

No we don't want to let any customer go, its our policy to try and retain every single customer who asks to leave. Obviously discression is used by the agents handling these requests in case there's any extenuating reasons for the customer leaving like moving to an area where they are unable to receive a service (unlikely but it happens) or more obvious reasons like someone querying the account of a deceased customer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
keybored
Grafter

Adam, I pay for 2 metronet email addresses which are due for renewal in March 2011. I won't be renewing them so asked the question on ticket no.37305066 as to whether I can still use them until they expire. I assume  I'll have to change the smtp server settings in Outlook at some stage now I'm on Idnet, which incidentally, was a seamless changeover  Smiley
Would be grateful if you could clarify this for me.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi keybored,
Yes, this should still work fine, unfortunately you won't be able to authenticate onto our SMTP server whilst on IDnet so you'll have to specify their server for outgoing mail.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
keybored
Grafter

Thanks Adam, just what I thought.