Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get a problem fixed

pies
Grafter

How long to get a problem fixed

Sad
Well it seems pn are intent on getting me of the network its been an age since i raised my original ticket.I closed that hoping my new router had sorted the problem,it didn't
I raised another ticket on 19th of nov i was asked to remove everything from my  phone line except the broadband
So here i am with no phone, internet speeds on between 130k to 720k, and very frequent dropouts
Nobody seems to reply to tickets for days on end then its just an automated reply
Im now very close to ditching PN and going cable,te only good side to this is my system was being used by ofcom (via samknows) to monitor internet speeds and connectivity,This is currently off but the report wont look to good
As soon as my phone is back on I'll try customer "services" to cancel as the support level is woefull at best,it would have been nice to be kept in touch but this is obviously asking too much:(
46 REPLIES 46
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: How long to get a problem fixed

Hi there,
Really sorry about this. I'll ask one of the Faults Team to take a look. The ticketing system is designed to always present the oldest fault ticket when working a particular pool. For reasons unbeknown to me, more recently touched tickets are being pushed to agents ahead of yours. I'm going to try and find out why this is too as it shouldn't be happening (ref: 59200).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pies
Grafter

Thanks
Anybody know what this means
"RAS confirms connection remains intermittent. Clr rjected in FP2."
Mark
Grafter

It's an internal comment between our faults team and should be prefixed with ****Internal**** at the start of the ticket.
Basically its one engineer telling another that BT have reported the fault "clear" to us or no fault found (NFF). We've determined otherwise, have rejected their findings and are pushing it back to them for further investigation.
The internal jargon gets the same message across quicker Smiley

pies
Grafter

I assume the result below shows there IS a fault
BIP Interface Data 
  Current line rate  Line rate change timestamp Maximum Stable Rate Recalcuated ProfileTimestamp Maximum Stable Rate
  1250                        2009-11-22T00:15:00 N 2009-04-09T07:49:23                                                              3424

Mark
Grafter

RAS confirms connection remains intermittent

That piece is sufficient to confirm the fault exists. Clearly the remote diagnostics can see that you are dropping commection intermittently.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Have you got your phone plugged back in yet?
pies
Grafter

No,only thig plugged in is a new router, which has new cables and new micro filter.This is plugged into the master socket.There are no extension leads plugged in.
BT say there system is ok
PN say its not there system
I'm asked to check my system
BT say there system is ok
PN say its not there system
And round and round i go
Sad
Its used to be a good company Sad
pies
Grafter

Well nowI've found the faults been referred back to BT again I've had enough
Plusnet used to be a great company who would respond promptly to queries.If they couldn't fix it at least they let you know whats going on.But it seems something somewhere has gone very wrong.
I work as a service engineer and have done so for 20+years and I know if i treated my customers like this I'd be on the dole now.I don't think im unreasonable in asking to at least being kept up to date,but it seemed I was.
Well everything is now plugged in,im just waiting for the confirmation email form virgin and i will then phone up to cancel all my services
regds
A really dissapointed (ex) customer
and its only really an ex because nobody bothered to listen to me Sad
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'm appalled that PN left you this long without telling you to plug your phone back in. It was unnecessary to leave it unplugged for more than the few minutes a line test was done and in any event you should have been asked to do a filter swap.
Well best of luck with Virgin, I hope you get a better experience as it's cable.
Edit: Don't forget to book your space flight while you're there  Wink
Mand
Grafter

I'm really sorry that you weren't advised properly.
Our faults team are usually much much better at providing a good service and resolving issues. Though I appreciate that doesn't help you much. Sad
Intermittent faults are the worst, and were the bane of my life as a tech support agent (Murphy's Law dictates that things will be fine when tested), but it's clear we let you down in this instance.
pies
Grafter

I could live with the fault not being fixed,as i said earlier im a service engineer so i understand the problems and frustrations from both sides.
What i really cant stand is the complete lack of communication,and when i do get a responce its an auto reply usually starting

"We have asked our wholesale broadband suppliers to turn interleaving on on your phone line to try and fix your current broadband problem....."
In fact and i've just checked on my current ticket I've had that exact reply SIX times,so you can see my frustration at talking to a machine:(
I sincerly hope PN can sort there system out for the benefit of everybody,ok its too late to benefit myself but PN must rest assured if one person is telling them of customer relations problems there will be ten others who will just cancel or migrate
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pies,
I've tested the line and confirmed that the fault is still apparent on there so referred it back to BT. Sorry about all the interleaving notes, we had a problem open on this as the system was adding the same comment if it was unable to place the automated order. We'll be rolling out a fix for this today.
pies
Grafter

How long does it take for BT to test and reply,the fault was sent to BT last wednesday the ticket says i would have had an update by last Sat but as yet nothing Sad
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry about the delay, it looks like the next step is an engineer visit so I've updated your ticket with those details. If you can let us know when you're available we can get this booked asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.