cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to answer a support question?

Surfer
Grafter

How long does it take to answer a support question?

On Monday 1st March 2010 at 5pm a support question was raised regarding a move to new premises on 15/03/2010.  A reference number was also supplied regarding moving the broadband at the same time as our telephone however there has been no resposne to the question although more than 36 hours has passed.  I was also quoted £60 for the home move if I wanted to continue with PlusNet on a no contract basis which is pricy when compared to other providers. 
Maybe it is time to consider dumping PlusNet and to look at providers like Talk Talk a surely they cannot be any worse? At least I only pay £30 to get connected although I am in contract for 18 months.
Why are PlusNet taking so long to respond to support questions?  Don't they want customers any more?  We were con sidering moving our phone across to PlusNet but as they are so lax in responding to questions may this woudl nto be a good idea anyway.
11 REPLIES 11
sharpyuk
Grafter

Re: How long does it take to answer a support question?

@Surfer.
From what i understand there is an average of about 42 hours on support tickets... so you might be due a response any time now..
Although, you have come to the right place, with any luck Mand will see this and get it sorted for you.
DavidH
Grafter

If it gets much past a week I'd give them a gentle nudge ...
Wink
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've got one of my colleagues from the house move team looking at this for you now, he'll be in touch shortly.
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks Mand but there shoudl eb no need to coem on thsi forum to have a rant about support questions.  What is the problem witn them taking so long to reply?  I also asked today abourt moving my phone across but don't expect a reply until tomorrow.
dick:quote
Mand
Grafter

We do have some delays at the moment with support tickets, which we're working very hard to resolve.
The response times are showing signs of improvement, but I agree you shouldn't need to come here to get your query answered.
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks Mand.  Andy has contacted me and hopefully everything will move forward on time.  Still unsure about the phone as not too happy with variable DD.  Prefer to have a fixed DD that allows me to build up a credit.
Mand
Grafter

You could use top-ups to achieve that, if you don't use all your top-up credit the amount you're billed each month would be the same?
Surfer
Grafter

Can you please explain "Top ups".  At present with BT our DD is £20 per month as our usage is about £18 per month.  Occasionaly we exceed the £20 by a few pounds but because we are normally in credit, we continue to pay the same right through the year.  Can I assume that if we change to PlusNet, we can go Online to keep a check on calls and that a cut price call provider like Ratebuster can still be used if using a 0844 number.  We understand that we will be billed for 0844 & 0871 numbers as they are nort part of the package.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you normally have a variable DD with Plusnet for Broadband and Phone, but you can have a Watch put on to stop it going to high,  there has been a couple of people recently that had a problem with the watch, this is hopefully being sorted
The other is that you but a fall back amount on your credit card - mine is £50, and any paid for calls will be allocated to that until the end of your billing period when it can be added to your DD or in fact taken off your credit card
You should be able to go on line and check what calls you have made and what you have been charged daily.  But PN keep having problems with BT and the data,  the records were not updated last week, they claim they should be now
Surfer
Grafter

Sounds like it would be better to stick with the devil you know rather than the one you don't know.   Grin
Mand
Grafter

Basically, you can add top-up credit to your Home Phone account, which your call charges would be deducted from.
For example, if you make £15 worth of calls per month, you could add £15 worth of credit at the start of the month, then this would be used for your call charges until it was spent (meaning your bill at the end of the month for calls would be £0).