cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to activate !!

zoomyzoomy

How long does it take to activate !!

I signed up to the Plusnet broadband and telephone service on 2 December. they sent me a router, which I tried to set-up but could not connect to the internet. I phoned their technical support only to be told my account isn't due to be activated until midday on 11 December.
Why the delay ? Why can't they just switch the thing on now when I have the router ?
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: How long does it take to activate !!

When you place an order with us, we have to give our supplier 5 working days (at least) to activate the broadband on the line. Basically BTw have to turn on your broadband at the exchange, which is why it's not an immediate activation.
Have you plugged the router in and is so, what are the status of the lights on the front of it?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zoomyzoomy

Well Chris, what can I say. I tried to connect this evening and, as if by magic, it worked !
I am tentatively impressed with Plusnet so far Chris - you have a gold(ish) star my boy - keep up the good work.
Mand
Grafter

Sometimes orders can complete early, looks like you're one of the lucky ones Wink
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

Can I be one of the lucky ones toooooooo pwweeaaasseeeeee, received my router today and i dont want to wait till the 12 of march  Roll_eyes , I have to admit thou Plusnet are very good with their responses and keeping a person in the loop of what is going on. Why am I soooo impacient , like child in a candy store  Cheesy
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Connect the Router to the Power and Telephone line. Remember to Filter ALL of your Telephone appliances. If the ADSL Sync LED lights up, enter your Username and Password and try to connect. If it doesn't authenticate, Call PlusNet and they will activate the line for you.
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

Quote from: Wheel_nut
Connect the Router to the Power and Telephone line. Remember to Filter ALL of your Telephone appliances. If the ADSL Sync LED lights up, enter your Username and Password and try to connect. If it doesn't authenticate, Call PlusNet and they will activate the line for you.

Everthing is connected , the broadband light is like a mini disco in my room flashing away . Roll_eyes