Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

Richchad
Rising Star

Re: How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

@maranello wrote:

@Richchad

It is worth noting that the LRS doesn't increase even though the line rental charge has increased by £1. Your subscription therefore would only increase by 50p for the anytime calls option, plus any discount you were receiving for broadband would be lost and you would revert to the full price. It would be worth calling calling Customer Options to see if you could get a new discount in return for taking out a new contract. Also bear in mind that if you are on the Unlimited Fibre package, your current speeds would be 40/20, which would change to 55/10 on 1st August. If you were to negotiate a discount in return for taking out a new contract than your speeds would be 40/2, but if you stayed on your current package you would stay on 55/10.

Thanks for the info maranello, my last LRS was before the last price increase so managed to get it at £12.99pm so the increase to £15.49 with the new LRS is an increase of £2.50pm, but there isn't anyway to avoid this, wherever I go.

I am only on Unlimited Broadband so I guess a switch to Unlimited Fibre can only be at 40/2?

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@Richchad wrote:

I am only on Unlimited Broadband so I guess a switch to Unlimited Fibre can only be at 40/2?

Unfortunately, yes Sad

My other car isn't a Ferrari
ad47uk
Grafter

Been looking around and the ones I can get information from it is normally 2Mb/s upload, with 38Mb/s download, no point in me going any higher download as I would not get it.

Prices for the main ones are 

talk talk £35.20
ee 33.50
Bloated toad £38.99
Sky £37.40

Vodafone £43.00

Bloated toad being the only ones I think with a 12 month contract, but you do have to pay a installation fee is payable, which is stupid if already connected to fibre. Being a vodafone mobile customer I may be able to get that cheaper, in fact I can, but i may not be a vodafone customer for much longer and I do not like their router and they will not give people the info to use their own.

So while I am not 100% happy with what Plusnet have done, I only have to pay a pound extra for my line rental, the price of my broadband is staying the same, i will stay with Plusnet and keep looking, my contract ends in August, but I am not going to renew it, just keep on with a month by month thing.

G3WYP
Rising Star

As I said in an earlier message, I received the dreaded increase email. As required in the email I rang to say I would be leaving to another provider and was surprised to be offered a reduction, considering I was already on one from last year.

Unfortunately the offer was not as good as another ISP so I phoned back this morning to say I was rejecting the offer and leaving. I shall not name to operator but he was excellent and made a better offer which was as good as the other ISP so I shall be staying with PlusNet for another 18 months.

Well Done [CSA Removed](oops)

Well done [CSA Removed].(oops!!)

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Brandscill
Grafter

What did you get offered out of interest? 

xinam
Dabbler

+++Positive post alert+++

Got my price hike email last night. Rang the 'customer options team' on the number in the email. I had found a much better deal with a competitor saving me £9 a month. So I was ringing to give the required 14 days notice, not specifically fishing for a deal.

However, the operator was able to offer me a price that more than matched the saving I had found with another provider. Was on the phone for less than 5 minutes too. So all in all a happy customer retained for the next 18 months or the next round of inflation busting price increases - whichever comes first.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I bet it doesn't offer a 40/20 speed (or even 55/20) though.

Out of interest, what was the better provider though?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

skycatcherx
Dabbler

Just rang to give my 30 day notice - was a bit disappointed that the operator didn't try too hard to keep me - just offered the current new customer deal of £10 month for fibre BB for 18 month....didn't even suggest LRS at the old rate! Looks like I maybe going...

G3WYP
Rising Star

Ring back after 24Hrs as I did and I got a very good deal as far as I am concerned. I am now paying much less than I did before and will have Fibre Broadband, The new router arrived yesterday.

For PlusNet staffs info I am a very satisfied customer, So far.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@skycatcherx Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving. Just to clarify, the cost of LRS isn't changing from it's current cost when the price increase comes in to affect in September.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Brat673

Now are we in contract if price increased. Time to jump ship. Must have word with Which!

danielmclean
Grafter

cancelled my contract     moving to talktalk business cheaper line rental  and cheap adsl     but just noticed this on plusnet business broadband    

ad47uk
Grafter

Going to Talk talk is like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire, business or not, talk Talk is awful company, worse than BT and that is saying something.

I have seen Talk Talk screw up many times with people I know, they even tried to connect a mate of mine onto their system without his permission.

danielmclean
Grafter

was with talktalk before  and only had 1 problem over 3 years  and  with plusnet a year and had two routers die  and 3 call outs   and loads of other problems      

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Similar to you my brothers been with TalkTalk over four years in two locations. Only ever had one problem which was his fault  and quickly sorted.