Did you mean: 

How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

@Chris wrote:

The first batches were to those affected by the 40/20 > 55/10 speed changes. We can't send all the emails at once due to the huge volume of these, they are continuing to go out and will give everyone at least 30 days notice.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Haydon
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Although technically you could wait until day 29 of the 30 days notice we provide and then request cancellation with the 14 days notice we require for the cancellation, you may not defer the cancellation date excessively.

Unfortunately LRS is non-refundable from 14 days after the day of purchase so the remaining LRS would not be refunded.

Thank you for your reply. However, I think Ofcom take a different view, judging by threads on Moneysavingexpert. People have obtained pro rata refunds of LRS prepayments when canceling broadband contracts after price increases.

EastFinchleyite
Hooked

Not had my email yet but it doesn't really matter. I don't have PlusNet LRS and have completed my 18 month service period. Already looking to find an ISP with 20Mb/s upload without having to pay the PN increase (why should I have to upgrade a service and pay more just to keep where I am!).

Now, if PN were to offer me an upgrade within the PN network to enable me to keep my 20Mb/s then I may stay but at the moment I have overcome the normal customer inertia and are actively looking at other ISP packages. Loyalty to a particular network operator/service provider (be it phones, broadband, gas, electricity or whatever) is a thing of the past.

ad47uk
Grafter

Even if we had SoGEA, would the price be much lower? look at Virgin media, you can get broadband without voice, but he difference is minimal.  Super 50 fibre and calls is £19 a month, plus £17.99 a month line rental,. comes to £36.99, just having the super fibre 50 broadband is £32.25, which is only a difference of £4.74 a month, i doubt it would be any difference on BT network.

Line rental is still a swiz, be it from Virgin media or any of the providers that use BT network. If SoGEA did come, I would still go for it as I have no need for a home phone.

xinam
Dabbler

Me too. It might only be a couple of quid cheaper, but it's better in my pocket than in the silk lined pockets of a service provider.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@EastFinchleyite

@EastFinchleyite wrote:

Already looking to find an ISP with 20Mb/s upload without having to pay the PN increase

I don't believe other providers offered 40/20 service.

I believe the prices we're increasing are still competitive in line with the rest of the market, as is the cost of the higher fibre package, which offers up to 20Mbps upload. It may still be worth speaking to our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting the option for thinking of leaving) to see what they can offer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
EastFinchleyite
Hooked

@HarryB

Thanks for the information and may I say that the PlusNet Customer Options Team is free to contact me at any time as well with an offer that could keep me on board.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately I can't arrange a call back.

However if you'd like to give them a call to discuss this matter further, there's currently no wait time to get through to them.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
skycatcherx
Dabbler

So can i just use a switching service to move to another isp once ive had the email or do i have to inform you that i am leaving?

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I pay £19-99 for fibre unlimited 60Gb down, 20Gb up, and no rubbish about using Plusnet for phone bills.

What do Plusnet intend I should give by way of an extra donation?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

EastFinchleyite
Hooked

@skycatcherx

I think the system has become a lot easier than a couple of years ago. Then you had to get a MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) from your current ISP to give to your new ISP. Without it the process was blocked.

Now you can just apply to the new ISP and they do the work. So much better. Make sure you are out of any minimum service period and check if you have any hardware to give back. When I changed from O2 to PN I had to send back an old router or get charged a bundle. Luckily I had the kit and the original box and ancillaries so I sent it back with a prepaid sticker.

Otherwise it is easy to change.  Go for it. When an ISP "improves" its service by cutting a significant aspect of that service in half and putting up prices there can only be negative feedback. Don't feel sorry for them; they are just another commercial concern looking to make the best return from a market. If the changes don't suit you (or me) it is wise to change.

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I'll just watch my monthly bill. If the cost of service increases above the rate of RPI or there is a degradation of available service I won't make a fuss or seek a special deal. I'll just transfer to another supplier.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"So can i just use a switching service to move to another isp once ive had the email or do i have to inform you that i am leaving?"

I'm sure that you will need to contact PN if you wish to leave because of the increases if you are still within a minimum term. That was advised in the e-mail last year re the increases then.

If you are outside a minimum contracted term then, yes, just contact a new i.s.p..

Don't just contact a new i.s.p. without advising PN that you are leaving in these circumstances. The new i.s.p. will switch your service but PN will bill you for terminating the service early.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@VileReynard wrote:

I pay £19-99 for fibre unlimited 60Gb down, 20Gb up, and no rubbish about using Plusnet for phone bills.

What do Plusnet intend I should give by way of an extra donation?

@VileReynard I don't believe there are any changes to that package.

@skycatcherx wrote:

So can i just use a switching service to move to another isp once ive had the email or do i have to inform you that i am leaving?

@skycatcherx I've asked this and I'm still awaiting for clarification.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Glenn
Grafter

Just got the email, absolutely fuming, it wasn't that long ago Plusnet put up line rental, now doing it again, 2 price hikes in a short space of time, I've seen no benefit to justify it.