cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a formal complaint?

HMH

How do I make a formal complaint?

About 6 weeks ago I changed from Virginmedia to Plusnet. I was advised by the sales team to have Plusnet installed a week before my Virginmedia finished so that if there was any problems installing Plusnet I would still have Virginmedia for a week while it was sorted. However the engineer cut the Virginmedia cable and removed their box.

I complained about it on the phone and yesterday I had a reply which made no sense at all.  

is there an email or postal address for formal complaints?

6 REPLIES 6
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: How do I make a formal complaint?

Welcome to the Forum @HMH 

If you page down the Forum there is a link towards the bottom of the page "Complaints Code of Practice". I think that will give you a link to make a formal complaint.

I'm a customer such as yourself so I have no remit for Plusnet, but the Plusnet staff are very active in this Forum and may pick up your post; if so, they may be able to offer advice on resolving your underlying problems.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @HMH,

I can see that you have spoken to our Support Team about this and have been given further information relating to how to raise a complaint, though I would state that we should be trying to help resolve the complaint no matter where it comes to us from. Before I comment on the engineering work, please could you advise what specifically was removed and the engineers logic behind this? It's possible that the Virgin media wiring was causing an issue with the Openreach equipment that had already been installed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
HMH

Hi Alex and thanks for your reply.

The openreach engineer cut off the Virginmedia cable to their box and removed the box. I didn’t see him do it as I wasn’t in the room with him but when I asked him why he did it he just said “oh well your Plusnet will be working in 20 mins” which of course it wasn’t. He didn’t give any reason for having actually cut Virginmedia cable and removing their box

You will see that I raised this as a complaint when it was first done and weeks later I got a very unsatisfactory reply and then they said they will look into it - I wonder what they have been doing for the last 6 weeks?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @HMH thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry to see the way this has been handled when you reported to us that the engineer disconnected the Virgin Media cabling and telephone socket within your property. I've firstly passed feedback on the way we've handled the complaint.

I've been discussing this with the complaints team at Openreach and I've added a reply onto your support ticket Here with more information and a potential resolution which I hope helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HMH

Thank you for your reply and email. I have replied on the support ticket so won’t reply publicly 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hello there, I've just sent a reply back to the ticket for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team