cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get support to READ a ticket properly?

Cathotel
Grafter

How do I get support to READ a ticket properly?

Ok, I'm a little bit frustrated and don't want to complain or make matters worse, BUT I simply want to have a ticket(s) read thoroughly so I don't have to repeat over and over the same point which is being lost in the ticket back and forth merry-go-round.
The context of the original ticket has evidentally been lost having been asked to put further comments on new fault ticket.
It doesn't help when a different person picks up the ticket and they appear to just read the last entry and that seems to be a process rather than a person issue.
Frankly, I would rather wait longer for non urgent matters to be handled end-to-end by one person, because clearly from a recent reply they have no idea what I'm asking Sad
I know they are doing the best and I'm generally very happy after 10yrs with PN support, but some days........
I've pasted the original in the new and asked support to 'please read it', so fingers crossed....
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: How do I get support to READ a ticket properly?

Hi Cathotel,
Sorry that it's come to that, I'll keep an eye on it and report back for education as needed if the next reply isn't what it needs to be.
Cathotel
Grafter

Thankyou Matt,
I presume you have found the ticket I raised about the problem I and others have been having since the weekend?
No reply as yet but fingers and a few other things are crossed Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We've got the ticket, our faults team should be getting back to you about that ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Cathotel
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Just got a reply which says to monitor the forums as PN collect evidence to make a case to go to BT.
I've just updated the BT Speedtester thread and my ticket with the results of a 12 mile round trip using my same laptop to a friends BT Infinity service fed from a different exchange.
Perfect result - the new tester worked a treat on their connection.  Back home still fails.
Rather than PN waste their time reading this and collecting info, why is it such an issue to raise a request from them to look at the log file on my line and come back with an answer?
I never have expected PN to fix this as it's not in their remit to so. Is there no spirit of mutual co-operation between BT and PN?
Confused Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Rather than PN waste their time reading this and collecting info

it's really important that we do that when issues like this affect others as it demonstrates how wide reaching the impact is.
Is there no spirit of mutual co-operation between BT and PN?

There are set procedures and processes laid out for faults that are the same as they are between us and BT as they are for other ISPs.
why is it such an issue to raise a request from them to look at the log file on my line and come back with an answer

We'll do what we can for you but in a lot of cases speed test results (BT ones in particular) are needed as a means of again demonstrating and gauging the severity or impact of a problem.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Cathotel
Grafter

Thankyou Adam,
why is it such an issue to raise a request from them to look at the log file on my line and come back with an answer

We'll do what we can for you but in a lot of cases speed test results (BT ones in particular) are needed as a means of again demonstrating and gauging the severity or impact of a problem.

I'm really sorry as I class you as one of the good guys, but from the above it sounds like you think I have a problem with my line speed?
It's the fact the BT Speedtester does not work on my connection and as demonstrated it's nothing to do with my pc's/laptop.
I'm not even asking PN to fix it or even look at it.
I'm simply wanting BT to tell me why their tester doesn't work since the new version over the weekend on my connection yet taking the laptop to a BT Infinity customer it does work i.e. it's not my laptop.
As I've just replied to one of your colleagues, I'm clearly bashing my head into a brick wall with this one, so I'll park it and wait for BT to find the problem during some routine maintence and doubtless it'll start working sometime.
Thanks for trying..
Pete
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pete,
Just to let you know that I have emailed out suppliers about the speed tester. I'll let you know once I get a reply.
Jojo Smiley