cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Plusnet to fix my broadband.

nigelcade

How do I get Plusnet to fix my broadband.

After a thunderstorm my broadband stopped working, the modem appears to be functioning but not connecting, the phone service over the landline still works.That was 7 days ago I reported the fault and PN took until yesterday to test the line and confirm a fault and offer an engineers visit. Since giving the requested 3 time slots yesterday lunchtime I have heard nothing from PN. I do not have regular email/internet access through my job and neither can I use a mobile phone while at work.

So how can I get some action from PN ? Sorely tempted to take my custom and the fault to someone who can respond promptly.

just discovered Poor is not accepted as a label.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: How do I get Plusnet to fix my broadband.

It's probably best to deal with them on the phone. Yes, it will probably be a 1/2 hour queue but calling them they tested my line, diagnosed the fault & logged it with OR all whilst I was on the phone.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@nigelcade    If you can get internet acces... try "Live Chat" from here .. ( through work, or internet/phone link ) or even from the neighbour...

https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

nigelcade

Thanks but no internet compatible phone, it sends texts I think, and the battery lasts ages.

Not practical to access from work  and do you have neighbours that would let you use their internet?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I haven`t asked !... but I suspect that my neighbour, on either side, would allow me to use their computer/internet, if I needed to... you only have to ask..

Wonder how you are using the forum, if you haven`t got the internet.....or is it just that your broadband is slow, interupting occasionally...

If you can post on here, then you can contact PlusNet via "Live Chat" ... https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

nigelcade

5 quiet minutes at work, not long enough for live chat.

Problem sorted new modem purchased after Open Reach told me the modem was shot. Plusnet could have told me this was the most likely issue over a week ago. Never mind will now lo0ok to find a better supplier..