cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did Plusnet win customer service awards?

VeniVidiFugi
Dabbler

How did Plusnet win customer service awards?

There isn’t any customer service. No online chat, over an hour wait to speak to somebody who can’t help, account questions going unanswered.
34 REPLIES 34
RichardH1

Re: How did Plusnet win customer service awards?

I cannot answer your question. I have just had to wait 30 mins to try to get my broadband service sorted out (ordered over 4weeks ago and involving nothing more than a transfer from another ISP that uses Plusnet) only to speak to someone who couldn't hear me so he cut me off. My phone is not faulty. As a previous Plusnet customer I have always experienced long, long wait times in trying to contact them. Really don't know baby I have been silly enough to go back to them. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

oooops

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

VeniVidiFugi
Dabbler

Chat works, except that there is nobody available to chat with. My phone works too, but nobody answers, so telling me to plug it in isn’t helpful.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @VeniVidiFugi, just a heads up that we've replied to another post of yours here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/What-should-I-expect/m-p/1573748#M82893

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved from 'Fibre Broadband' to 'Plusnet Feedback'.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I was looking at this page the other day: http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212 and wondered why it was that business was waiting so much less time for calls to be answered. Looking today, I can see it is totally reversed. there is no current longest time for residential. I remember the bad old days of Orange and waiting 40+ minutes to get through. How is it PN still can't get to grips with it? Luckily (this time around), I have had no reason to make contact, but I do wonder how it will be when and if I ever do.

Mark

VeniVidiFugi
Dabbler

You replied to the post here, but the question on my account has gone unanswered for two weeks, and the only way I can get online is to reboot my router EVERY SINGLE TIME. Why does nobody answer the phone? Why does nobody answer the question on my account? Why is there no online chat? Why is the public forum the only place you engage? Perhaps it’s time to take my complaint to Twitter or Facebook, with a larger audience perhaps you’ll actually do something.
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Come on guys, Which? lists Plusnet as very good for customer service. What must the others be like?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

All that happens by raising issues down multiple channels is to dilute the capacity to respond.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

VeniVidiFugi
Dabbler

Maybe that’s the plan. There’s already almost no customer service, so perhaps using homeopathy - dilute that so there’s nothing left - would be better. It certainly can’t be any worse.

Anyway, offering alternative channels will also dilute the people trying to contact support. Imagine 100 people all trying to call, so that’s 100 people stuck in an endless “your call is important to us” queue, with 2 people failing to answer the phone. That’s 50 people for each support person.

Now imagine 50 people on the phone, and 1 support person not answering, and 50 people online, with 1 support person avoiding the questions. That’s 50 people for each support person.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

I rather think that you miss the point - you or any customer putting the same issue into multiple channels is the cause of diluting support proficiency.  Other than phone or chat channels, there is no direct connection to your account.  Therefore for each instance of your issue in any channel, an agent has to find your account, check the details … only to find that someone else via another channel has dealt with it.  That is a complete waste of time and detracts from the time available to help another customer.

Just look at the significant number of responses around here which say something like "I see that a college has already dealt with this issue for you via chat / the phone / twitface".

Posting the same issue in multiple channels helps no one, so please do not do it.

PS: I recommend that you remove your personal email from the screen shot in post #1

@JonoH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@VeniVidiFugi Because they are better than their rivals in the mass market. Go to any of the other forums in that category and you find even more issues being complained about. Go to https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/compare and see for yourself one aspect of Plusnet's rating. My personal experience for 8 years would put Plusnet at 100%. So I am one of the 80%.