cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How crass can PN be?

paulwalker6789
Dabbler

How crass can PN be?

After a long dispute; unanswered e mail to member of the SMT, dreadful call centre ops, finally e mailed the new chief exec. Got an e mail back from him - brownie point there. He asked someone to look into it and report back in 24/7. BUT PN then sends me one of those naff messages through the "ticketing" system saying that "question will be updated at 1.00pm on 23/01/2014". Wouldn't you think they would realise how cavalier that looks. Surely someone in thse circumstances would have the nouce and communication skills to realise that a personal e mail would have gone down so much better and would have taken no more effort. Also did everyone apart from me know that from this site PN can trace your account. Apparently there is alink between your name here and your account. No idea how it works, but I personally think it stinks.
7 REPLIES 7
KK
Grafter

Re: How crass can PN be?

It is common for consumer advice people to suggest emailing the chief executive of an offending organisation.  It is hardly surprising that organisations will find a way to filter their incoming emails.  A personal reply to every email would probably require several call centres.
I would guess that PN can track us all down from our email addresses.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: paulwalker6789
. Apparently there is alink between your name here and your account. No idea how it works,

I think it works because when you registered for a name here on the forum you gave your account name.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: ReedRichards

I think it works because when you registered for a name here on the forum you gave your account name.

I might be wrong, but I think when these forums first started several years ago, you had to actually use your PlusNet account name as your forum username.  That thought put me off registering on here for a long time.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, when you sign up here you have to log in to the member centre as part of the registration process. This creates a component on your account in our system so we can find your username.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
x47c
Grafter

Having forum names linked to plusnet users albeit invisibly  ensures that ONLY people who use Plusnet as their ISP can post here.
It also ensures the site cannot get any trolls or other malicious posts from those who either don't use Plusnet or want to cause trouble on this forum from a position of total anonymity.
I believe that if you previously used Plusnet then after leaving plusnet for another ISP your forum access is maintained rather than cancelled as one might expect from the above.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Yes...quite a few ex Plusnet customers still post here.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: paulwalker6789
After a long dispute; unanswered e mail to member of the SMT,

What email address did you use as generally you can't contact Plusnet Support by email. I suspect they use the ticket system as a preference over email as it allows a more structured way to deal with the issue as well as the fact that often emails are marked as "spam" or "junk email" and regularly get missed by customers.