cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can a question be closed if there has not been a response from customer?

jmd
Grafter

How can a question be closed if there has not been a response from customer?

I rang help and support this evening as had no internet connection for about 2 hrs.  Got told to repeat the checks which I had already done.  So unplugged router etc etc, took dog for walk, came back and plugged router back in.  All lights came on this time................. so thought will make comment and close question online now I have internet as did not want to spend ages on the phone again.  But discovered the question was already closed................. so do the suppost staff not anticipate you ringing them back to say things now working?
[Incidentally, I have neighbours who use different ISPs but quite a few have problems with connection between 4pm and 5pm - their ISPs have all reported it to BT who have said it is a problem with the ISP..... but this is the first time I have had this problem so hope it does not happen again]
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: How can a question be closed if there has not been a response from customer?

Questions should only close for a few specific reasons, normally if closed by a customer online. They *can* also close if it's a fault ticket and the fault has been closed with the supplier. I'll take a look and make sure nothing untoward is happening.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Lurker
Grafter

Re: How can a question be closed if there has not been a response from customer?

I raised a fault over the phone the other night, it took the agent at least two (it might have been three) attempts to open the fault question correctly and leave it open (I had at least one 'closed' question added to my account with a comment from the agent that it had closed by mistake).
Is it possible that there is a setting or tickbox in workplace that sets the open/closed flag to the wrong default for such a ticket perhaps?
My fault was sorted though Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It looks like the agent posted a 'contact' on to your account rather than opening a ticket. Contacts are used to describe a phone call so we have a record of it against the account, I can't see that a fault ticket was ever actually opened.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jmd
Grafter

I was under impression that all "contacts" re problems would be shown as "faults".............. therefore a ticket being raised and and as such requiring closing with a comment about service.  So will make these comments now!
I am not sure that being told parrot like what steps one needs to take is classed as service......................... and being told to write each step down as if one is a child annoyed me.  I may have a hearing problem but am not stupid - and the assumption that one is makes me angry.
Once you have been told what steps are required to check your connection on a previous occasion,  then most people will know what checks to do before ringing support.
I am just very glad that I do not have to use support staff too often as fortunately, although I have a slow line it works the majority of the time and I consider I get good value for money from Plusnet but just some things let the customer down.
Lurker
Grafter

Josie - it took them three attempts to confirm that I'd completed all the checks at my end too, which was very frustrating at the time.
I confirmed I'd completed tests with replacement equipment, all at the test socket, with no other devices connected when I called to raise the fault. (On Friday)
Then I got a call on Sunday to confirm the same, followed by a ticket being raised on my account by PN to confirm exactly the same thing on Monday.
PN also managed to ignore the request to call my mobile, and left messages on my home phone, which I'd told them was being left unplugged to discount any potential problem caused by it. (the call to my home phone on sun was followed up by a call to my mobile, but on Monday the call was just made to the home phone, and followed up with a ticket rather than the call to my mobile.)
PN never managed to get as far as actually raising the fault to BT as far as I can make out, it seems it 'fixed itself' on Tuesday.
I'm often criticised for being slightly harsh in my criticisms of PN, so I'm deliberately offering no opinion on whether I'd class the above contact as good service or not.
I'm also prepared to review it and add further balance if PN feel its not a fair representation.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

your not alone, on my last contest with them I had completely lost my line and made contact via my mobile, they being silly sent me e-mails for two days, then sent me a test on my mobile.  It was heated and also on here somewhere.  BUT if they have a system to use mobiles for contact, why dont they use it?