cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - so confused.

sammml

House move - so confused.

I am doing my best to move my service from my old address to my new address. I moved in on the 16/07. I should add that the old occupant of the new address is also a plus net subscriber.
However the process has been a plethora of contradicting information and confusion.
Here is the timeline:
20/06 - Phone movers hotline to arrange the move. Agree new contract etc but am told an engineer cannot be booked until service is cancelled until the 11/07. Seems strange that an engineer couldn't be booked in advance...Is told that its because the current user is not a fibre subscriber.
13/07 - I phone up since not heard anything about sorting the engineer find out the soonest appointment is the 28th July.
13/07 - Get texts and emails confirming the engineer time and date. Get texts and emails about the home phone booking with missing dates from the email e.g. :
An engineer is due to activate your Home Phone service on , .

Great.
16/07 - I move in find out old occupant  is a fibre subscriber and have left openreach router and modem - which is fully connected based on the lights.
Today - Ask support why service cannot just be transferred to my name. Get the response that the service isn't due to be canceled until the 28th so they have no idea why an engineer has been booked at all...
I am left wondering if I am going to get internet at my address at all. To me the process seems to lack any process at all and is far from smooth. I would not recommend this to anyone. Part of me feels like it would have been quicker, easier and cleaner to just switch to another provider entirely.
Please can someone clarify what is going on here and how you are going to improve the process for the next poor person who has to move house.
8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: House move - so confused.

I'm just looking into this now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sammml

Thanks! Let me know if you need any more information from me.
The process started well - but right now I have no idea what is going to happen next!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi sammml,
I've updated the ticket on your account Here I hope this clears things up for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
sammml

Guess what 29/07 and no internet - only information is "delays".
Fortunately for some reason broadband was working up until the 28 using my account details.
Now I get an authentication issue (DSL on openreach modem is green) when trying to connect I assume because something has been delayed on the order.
Apparently there is a problem with BT Wholesale's website so they can't check the status of the BB order.
I decided to take maters into my own hands and contact bt wholesale directly using their web chat who say the delay is with plusnet:
BT WS Agent (03:23:00):
Thank you. Validation has been successful. I am now dealing with your query.
BT WS Agent (03:23:20):
allow me 3-4 minutes while I check the updates for you.
me (03:23:33):
Ok thanks
BT WS Agent (03:28:28):
Thank you for your patience.
BT WS Agent (03:28:51):
I see the order is in committed status on suppliers application.
BT WS Agent (03:29:09):
I am contacting the suppliers for an update.
BT WS Agent (03:30:13):
There is a notes stating linked order delay.
me (03:30:30):
Are there any reasons for the delay?
me (03:30:36):
stated
BT WS Agent (03:31:00):
Waiting for OGEA Sim Provide order to completed event.
BT WS Agent (03:31:37):
Please bear with me for another 3-4 minutes I am contacting the suppliers for an update.
me (03:31:48):
Great thankyou so much
BT WS Agent (03:42:12):
Thank you for your patience.
me (03:42:19):
no problem
BT WS Agent (03:42:55):
The suppliers informed that the migration event is on process due to that there is a delay.
BT WS Agent (03:43:46):
I request you to check the order on 30/07/2015 for further updates.
me (03:44:18):
Is there any details for the cause of the delay?
me (03:44:31):
Who is the delay with? The supplier or BT Wholesale?
BT WS Agent (03:46:50):
The delay is from the suppliers.

No surprises there...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

BTWholesale shouldn't be talking directly to you about this as they should only discuss this type of thing with the relevant ISPs/CPs.
However the information they've given isn't saying the delay is with Plusnet, it's saying the delay is with *their* suppliers. We're a communications provider, we use a wholesale provider who have their own supplier(s).  Once the order is in progress we have little control over the timescales or delays other than pushing for updates and additional information.
We've just chased the orders up from here and the delay is on the phone side of the order, the delay is with frames activity which is one of the last steps in the order process. The update we've received is that an engineer is assigned to finish this frames work today, and we'll be able to follow up for an update tomorrow if you're not online later today.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sammml

OK I stand corrected. That's what I get for meddling in things I don't understand!
My move has been going on for almost 1.5 months now and it has been almost impossible to get decent information out of anyone apart from via this forum.
Anyway, thanks for the update Chris I appreciate it - lets see what happens!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: sammml
it has been almost impossible to get decent information out of anyone apart from via this forum.

The bottom line is that often there is no information available from BT, be that Wholesale, Openreach, Operate or whoever within the myriad of sub-groups which make up the whole.  Not even with Openreach can they communicate a clear end to end plan.  Therefore is there any wonder PlusNet looks confused?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi again,
Looks like everything is connected now and you should be able to get online without any issues now. Let us know if you've got any problems.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.