Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move - Update on connection?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: House Move - Update on connection?

If, as you say the workmen laying the ducting were employed by OR, then this was a contract between the contractor and Openreach and nothing to do with Plusnet's order on Openreach
While I appreciate the frustration from a purely contractual point of view the contract to install the ducting hasn't been completed so the cable can't be installed.
Now whether the cable installation is part of the order from Plusnet or part of the order from the contractor I have no idea but until the ducting is complete to specification (fully joined up) the cabling engineer can't do his bit so your next step is the complain to the main contractor that his sub contractor (Openreach) hasn't completed the job of installing the ducting and had it signed off as being ready for cabling
custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

To sum up (again):
I ordered Phone and Internet from Plusnet (my 'provider') on August 24.
I have been told by  the developer/builder that BTOR were contracted to install the necessary infrastructure to insure that all four properties on the site could be connected to the telephone network. and that this work should have been completed before we moved in.
All the engineers and workman I have seen on site attending to this matter were either BTOR employees or contractors working for BTOR.
Since the middle of September both BTOR direct labour and contractors working for BTOR have attempted to install a cable through the ducting that is now know to be incomplete.
My neighbours are in exactly the same position as me. Although we all have different 'providers' the common factor is BTOR who are required to complete the work they were contracted to do, Arguments about who is actually responsible for failing to connect the two lengths of ducting together is outside our ability to determine - we just was a phone line!
I have been with Plusnet many years and never had any problem with them. I have no reason to think that they are not doing all they can on my behalf but how it has taken almost 3 months to get this very unsatisfactory position is beyond me.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What have the builders said when you asked them why the work they organised has not been completed?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
custos
Aspiring Pro

Another week, another 'update' promised and another week of nothing being done! Tomorrow it will be three months since the order was placed and I still don't have a service. Meanwhile of course I continue to be billed for my 'service'. Not having a telephone or Internet since I moved in to my new home on September 1st is bad enough but it is almost as frustrating that no meaningful explanation for the continuing delay has been provided by either Plusnet or Openreach. In Plusnet's defense I must add that my three neighbours who are also waiting but deal with different 'providers' are equally in the dark.
Before moving home I was warned by friends that I could expect a delay in getting connected but three months? A live line exists the opposite side of a minor road just a few metres away from me. For goodness sake Plusnet, please get BTOR to complete this simple job without further delay.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: spoon
What have the builders said when you asked them why the work they organised has not been completed?
custos
Aspiring Pro

Still waiting. Now over 3 months since my order and no 'UPDATE' from Plusnet, Openreach or my developer's builder who is also trying to find out from Openreach what is going on - so far without success!
AndyH
Grafter

Have you tried ringing Plusnet?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@custos
Is all the information given in this thread also given in the ticket? If not, then I wouldn't be too surprised that things seem to be going around in ever decreasing circles as those dealing with your order wouldn't have the complete picture.
custos
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: AndyH
Have you tried ringing Plusnet?

The last time I tried to ring Plusnet (on a mobile) it took me almost an hour to get anyone to talk to and then I was put on hold again as I needed to talk to a different department. After an hour on a mobile even the so called 'freephone' number starts to incur charges and as the promised delay was another 40 minutes I gave up!
jelv
Seasoned Hero

If you are being charged for calling the 0800 number you need to contact OFCOM and complain about the mobile provider. They stipulated that 0800 had to be free with an implementation date back in June.
custos
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Anotherone
@custos
Is all the information given in this thread also given in the ticket? If not, then I wouldn't be too surprised that things seem to be going around in ever decreasing circles as those dealing with your order wouldn't have the complete picture.

Yes, Plusnet are aware of everything that has happened on site as I have told them via the ticket.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

If the ticket is long it may be worth adding a summary response to save someone having to read the whole ticket.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Not that they'll bother to read the whole ticket if past experience is anything to go by Roll_eyes  So a summary would be good, nice suggestion spoon whittler.
custos
Aspiring Pro

Now on hold again until Wednesday 2nd December at 7:00am - 'still waiting on external work to be completed'.
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi custos,
I've looked through the notes here and also on your account and I am sorry for the long delays and issues you've had. It seems that currently we are waiting for a particular activity by our suppliers to complete so we can progress this further. No update is due till 02/12/15, but I can assure as soon as we have something to tell you we will update you via your account. Thank you.