Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move - Update on connection?

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: House Move - Update on connection?

Quote from: custos
So are you saying that there is nothing Plusnet can do to expedite this matter?...

OpenReach and PlusNet are siblings in the big BT family. Likewise I cannot control the actions of the siblings in my family.  Fortunately, that great matriarch in the sky Ofcom  has realised things are not well. I hear a corporate ASBO is currently under preparation, but it will be no consolation to you custos.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

My engineer appointment has now been brought forward to next Monday.
custos
Aspiring Pro

The engineer called today as arranged and quickly sorted out the problem. I now have a working telephone but no Internet yet. The engineer was surprised it was not working straight away but hopefully it will be enabled without further delay. Once it is, there is the matter of three months of payments for a non existent service  Smiley
custos
Aspiring Pro

Apparently I now have to wait until next Monday (up till midnight) before Broadband will be connected so guess I might as well switch the router off then.
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
I am sorry for the delays in getting this switched over for you. However, I can see my colleague is monitoring this personally for you and will arrange the refund for the downtime once the broadband goes live on Monday. Thank you.
custos
Aspiring Pro

It does all seems to be coming together now thank you and I have been assured that I will be credited for the downtime. I should add that my three neighbours are still waiting and none of their providers are proving particularly adept at arranging even a basic phone service let alone Broadband.
Edwina

Dear Custos,
I am very sorry to hear about your difficulties although it finally seems like things are almost there for you.
I am in a similar position in that I am experiencing a significant delay and am struggling to get updates. The order was placed back at the start of November and I hadn't realised there would be such a delay. Do you have an email address that I could use to contact someone who may be able to expedite things please. I will be moving into my house shortly and I am a doctor who does oncall from home and so I require a working landline (the house is remote and doesn't have mobile signal so a landline is a requirement). My boss has written a letter explaining the situation but plusnet do not accept incoming emails and so I wondered how I can get this letter to them?
Thank you so much.
custos
Aspiring Pro

Hi Edwina. I contacted the CEO of Openreach by e-mail. I got this prompt reply from the Customer Care manager for the CEO’s office in Openreach:
I’m really sorry to hear about the problems that you're experiencing. I'm going to ask your Communications Provider (CP) to look into this matter for you. We do have an agreed appointment expedite process in place with our CPs, if they choose to take up this option.  I'll ask Plusnet's executive complaints team to respond directly to you and we'll offer them our support should they need it.
I suggest you also send the CEO an e-mail explaining your problem. I will e-mail you (via this website) the e-mail address you need.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Edwina
I'd seriously consider cancelling the order with Plusnet and going with someone more proactive in your circumstances.
If you are going to carry on with Plusnet raise a complaint - you will be able to attach a copy of the letter.
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Edwina

Thanks both, have tried both of those suggestions. Thanks again for your assistance, it can be difficult when you are new to this so very helpful to have the help from those who have been through it all before.
custos
Aspiring Pro

Good luck Edwina.
My Broadband is promised for today, just three and a half months after I moved in - waiting impatiently  Smiley
custos
Aspiring Pro

As promised, my Broadband was enabled this afternoon and seems to be working well.